All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] Marquee Magician 2.1

Tempest

Marquee Magician 2.1

1. Added option in context menu to 'Change Path' you can change the path to a file or folder in an existing window. This should make it much easier to set up multiple systems. (GamePimp)
2. Added option in context menu to turn on and off 'Snap to screen'. In theory you should be able to display images across more than one monitor. (Untested)

Videos of cabinets using Marquee Magician:
http://youtu.be/is_CAWJfiFo
********************************************************************************************

Marquee Magician 2.0

What's New?

1. Added a new set of commands to 'Nudge' windows. You can make a window larger, smaller, and move the image 1 pixel at a time to fine tune your layout.

2. Added the ability to edit an existing system so that you can make adjustments. If you edit a system, it can only be saved using the current template, and system names.

3. Marquee Magician will now change the resolution for you for emulators that won't run at your desktop resolution. Previously, Marquee Magician would display the images, then the emulator would start and change the resolution, which would move the images on the second monitor. This should fix that problem. Use {Ctrl-R} and enter the resolution for your emulator. All 4 values are required.

4. Once you copy an window, you can paste it multiple times without having to copy the original window again.

5. If you hover on an image, the path to the image is displayed in the upper left hand corner of the window. This is handy for windows with folders.

6. Added {Ctrl - Z} to undo. If you accidentally hit the wrong keys, Undo will put everything back the way it was.

7. Many improvments to enhance reliability.

8. Marquee Magician is now command line only. Usage: C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\Marquee Magician\Launch MM v2.0.exe "System" "[Rom]" where System is the name of your template, which can be found in the MM.ini file between []. EG. [Nintendo 64]

Example:
For Mame, Using 'Advanced Mame Settings (2) / Run on Launch' I have: "C:\My Marquee Magician\Launch MM.exe" "MAME Games" "[Rom]" and in the 'Run on Exit' I have:
"C:\My Marquee Magician\Launch MM.exe" "GameEx"

I only have one parameter in the 'Run on exit' because I only display static images while in GameEx.
You can also use
"C:\My Marquee Magician\Launch MM.exe" "Kill" to clear the screen, and not display additional images.

Marquee Magician will automatically close, and clear the screen upon exit of GameEx.

I have included my templates, MM.ini, and GameEx.ini for you to see how I set it up.

Just so nobody gets confused the setup program is now called 'Template Creator'

Marquee Magician 1.37 - Added support for HiToText. smile.gif

Marquee Magician 1.35

Added ability to customize statistics window colors. If you are an existing user, you will not have to re-do your templates. Run the setup program, Use {Ctrl G} set your colors, click ok, and exit the setup program.

post-2333-125729688684_thumb.jpg

Marquee Magician 1.1

Added "Create Composite Images" option to the setup program.
Marquee Magician can now merge multiple images into one image. To do this, first set up a template, and assign it to an emulator. Use {Ctrl}{PrintScreen} to select the composite image option. You will be asked to select an emulator, the location of your roms folder, and a folder to put the new images into. It takes about 2 seconds per image on my laptop to create an image.
Hopefully, people with only one monitor will find this useful as a way to display more than 3 images in GameEx.
This image was created with Marquee Magician (the actual image quality is better, using the .png extension.)
post-2333-1243886401_thumb.jpg

Marquee Magician 1.0

Marquee Magician is a program to display images on a secondary monitor.
An example of what Marquee Magician can do:
post-2333-1238147339_thumb.jpg

Top left: CPWizard showing controls for this game
Top middle: Cpanel image of this game (leaves no doubt as to the proper controls for the game)
Top right: CPWizard image of the Admin buttons to run the emulator
Bottom: Marquee for this Game

This is sweet! Anybody could walk up, and run the cabinet with the directions displayed on the monitor! cool.gif

I probably should have shown Tempest in the Picture. wink.gif

This software is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license
http://creativecommo...nses/by-nc/3.0/

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can get a 22" widescreen monitor for $170

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;Sku=A179-2240

I realize that in these times, it is not (nor should it be) at the top of anyones list to buy one though. I am fortunate in that they have a rewards program at the lumber yard. For every $1 I spent, I got a point. I got my WII, and the monitor from there. A few years ago, my lumber bill was $50,000 per month. Last month it was $200 :( . I still have enough points to get a washer and dryer! LOL

You know i wold love a Small LCD version e.g a matrix display version showing the game your playing. Im still wondering waether to add a 7" LCD to my c-macc's 2 or a Matrix version ... with the program i could bet a 7" and have it display the marque instead .... hmmm you have added another + to the 7" i think

A fullsize monitor in the marquee looks better that you might think. I got the idea from this thread:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?sh...c=5174&st=0

Make sure and follow the links...

Recently someone post a cab in the cabinets thread that had a fullsize marquee that the whole monitor would fit in. It looked better than I thought it would, and if I get a chance to do another one, I'd probably do it that way. It would be better for pinball backglass images...

• 1 month later...

Chris - I'm not at home, so I can't check the model number. It is a 22" widescreen, If you look at the resolution of the Marquee, Cabinet, etc. images in Mame, they are pretty low... Get the cheapest monitor you can find. smile.gif I think they go for around $180 now.

Im uploading a Vid wich you can view. I managing though some macros ive made to get other things to work but there is still alot of work to do. Working with vistas 64 is just a complete nightmare but at least if it works in this it will work in MS OS 7 ...

here you go....

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE:

This thing is awesome Tempest........great work. It's so easy too use too once you know what to do. If more people had dual monitors i think lots of people would be using this.

Thanks, I posted on the forums once that The Marquee Magician Setup program was my best application, but as you said, nobody is using it. sad.gif

I also intend to improve the interaction of Marquee Magician, and GameEx, but also as I mentioned before, I am mired down in Cfg Magician (But I think I'm getting close)

i can seem to load and save templates now too.... smile.gif

As to why you can't save your Templates, I didn't download your latest RAR file, but previously you mentioned that you had saved a template named Mame, but in your templates folder, you only have one template named "Template". I assume that you are clicking on that template, and replacing it over, and over. You need to type a new name in at the bottom. If you have loaded a template file to edit, it will show the name of the template that you are editing at the top of the window, otherwise, it says Template, and if you just say ok without typing in a name, it will save to whatever name is at the top of the window.

The Statistics window is pretty cool, huh?

Yes the statistics window is actually really cool! You know it's really odd that no one is using this...i see it especially handy for VP8 in particular with the handling of backglasses. Maybe most people just don't have dual monitors. Me personally could not live w/ just one anymore. This app you built is like a total must have for me.

***UPDATED: the only thing that may cause some people problems is if you point to a folder of images and the images vary in size dimension and the infranview window you created DOESN'T fit whatever the largest size image is in that folder the InfranView window freaks out and acts really funny.

***Also there is a bug that i found. I'll post it later w/ a screenshot.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what's going on there, I just opened a 3888x3456 .psd image in an irfanview window that was 495x366, and it looks fine... Maybe you need to download the plugin package from the Irfanview site? I really can't say, just that I don't have a problem.

If you check in your templates folder, in the iview_32.ini files, you should have:

[Viewing]

FitWindowOption=2

UseResample=1

I checked the one you uploaded, and it looks fine.

Let me know if any of this information helps.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what's going on there, I just opened a 3888x3456 .psd image in an irfanview window that was 495x366, and it looks fine... Maybe you need to download the plugin package from the Irfanview site? I really can't say, just that I don't have a problem.

If you check in your templates folder, in the iview_32.ini files, you should have:

[Viewing]

FitWindowOption=3

UseResample=1

I checked the one you uploaded, and it looks fine.

Let me know if any of this information helps.

Ok Tempest, this bug i found happens a lot. Maybe 35% of the time? But it's VERY random too.

Let me explain: (**fyi i'm using the latest version of InfranView)

1) I have MM (Marquee Magician) setup to launch a single infranview window for a mame marquee on my 2nd monitor. And that's it. The infranview window is 1650 x 490

2) My GameEx is setup w/ CPWizard. When I launch a MAME game CPWizard will show the CPanel on the 2nd monitor for that game for a few seconds like regular. Then after the CPanel goes away the screen refocuses/refreshes and will then will show the MM InfranView window with the marquee for that game.

BUT about 35% of the time when it's "refocusing/refreshing the screen" it will do either one of these 2 things in the 2 screen shots i've attached for you below: I'll either get a file header error or that file window will pop up of whatever that window is pointing to. And it's really random which one i will get. I can launch 10 games successfully with MM and no problems at all. Then all of a sudden I will get this bug randomly. And it's not a particular game. I can use MM fine with a particular game 5 times then maybe on the 6th try get this bug.

I know it's not a conflict with CPWizard because even when i disable CPWizard it still has this problem. Also, once this problem happens it keeps doing it for every single game afterwards and i have to relaunch GameEx to make it go away.

It's kinda driving me nuts lol because I really want this to work flawlessly. Any ideas?

**Also on a side note...is there a way to create a MM window and have it display a list of the high scores for that game? If they are enabled for that game? That would be too cool....

Thanks

MM_errors_and_configs.rar

Look at the pics you sent me.

In this one, Irfanview is trying to open a file...

post-2333-1240314509_thumb.jpg

In this one, it says it can't find the file:

post-2333-1240314598_thumb.jpg

If you look at the file menu in Irfanview, "O" is the shortcut for open. Something is sending the key "O", and IrfanView is taking that as a command to open a file (As it should). The most likely culprit is that GameEx is sending "OK"{ENTER} in order to bypass the disclaimers/warnings.

Under Advanced Mame Settings, set Bypass Disclaimers/Warnings to "No", and compile your own version of Mame using Headkaze's Mame Compiler to skip the disclaimers.

Look at the pics you sent me.

In this one, Irfanview is trying to open a file...

post-2333-1240314509_thumb.jpg

In this one, it says it can't find the file:

post-2333-1240314598_thumb.jpg

If you look at the file menu in Irfanview, "O" is the shortcut for open. Something is sending the key "O", and IrfanView is taking that as a command to open a file (As it should). The most likely culprit is that GameEx is sending "OK"{ENTER} in order to bypass the disclaimers/warnings.

Under Advanced Mame Settings, set Bypass Disclaimers/Warnings to "No", and compile your own version of Mame using Headkaze's Mame Compiler to skip the disclaimers.

Tempest, yep that did the trick. It works perfectly now (knock on wood) **Would be really cool if you could create a window that showed the high scores!

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

New Release: Added "Create Composite Images" option to the setup program.

Marquee Magician can now merge multiple images into one image. To do this, first set up a template, and assign it to an emulator. Use {Ctrl}{PrintScreen} to select the composite image option. You will be asked to select an emulator, the location of your roms folder, and a folder to put the new images into. Marquee Magician will create a new composite image for each rom automatically. It takes about 2 seconds per image on my laptop to create an image.

Hopefully, people with only one monitor will find this useful as a way to display more than 3 images in GameEx.

This image was created with Marquee Magician (the actual image quality is better, using the .png extension.)

post-2333-1243886628_thumb.jpg

3stooges.7z

Updated the download in first post.

New Release: Added "Create Composite Images" option to the setup program.

Marquee Magician can now merge multiple images into one image. To do this, first set up a template, and assign it to an emulator. Use {Ctrl}{PrintScreen} to select the composite image option. You will be asked to select an emulator, the location of your roms folder, and a folder to put the new images into. Marquee Magician will create a new composite image for each rom automatically. It takes about 2 seconds per image on my laptop to create an image.

post-2333-1243886628_thumb.jpg

3stooges.7z

Updated the download in first post.

hah! thats awesome Tempest thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hey guys this is my first post here,

I've been watching the progress here for Marquee Magician and the Hyperspin forums and I just had to cough up some dough for a 7" mimo touch:

http://www.mimomonitors.com/

so I could join in the coolness of you app!

Looks awesome by the way!

Tempest, did you say you had a special set-up program adapted for Hyperspin or is that it in the hyperlaunch.ahk script you posted or is it a seperate program in this thread or do you need a pm?

So far I havent had any luck setting it up in GameEx or HyperSpin!

- able to edit\save templates

- can see the folders on 7", Havent seeing actual images though

- mame no-nag, hi-score compiled

Also Gameex just updated itself and now crashes after about 15 secs so no more testingg till I sort this out

Well had to do a new install of GameEX to get it running and the good news is:

I do have Marquee Magician working in GameEX only!

3 images full vertical height, equally spaced horizontally on secondary monitor 7"

I cant seem to stretch the windows as seen in the invincers video or 3stooges (the way you have) and (the way I'd like it) manually or through setup.

(still testing) :P

Cant find the HyperSin setup program anywhere.

I would love to see HiToText working also, would this help?

From Fyrecrypts:

You should be able to get simple output by just running "HiToText -r C:/MAME/hi/1942.hi".
from Hyperspin \HiToText forum.

Also, is it possible to get MM output to say qty 3, 7" screens each one showing a different pic?

• 4 weeks later...

Marquee Magician 1.35

Added ability to customize statistics window colors. If you are an existing user, you will not have to re-do your templates. Run the setup program, Use {Ctrl G} set your colors, click ok, and exit the setup program. Set GameEx to use Marquee Magician 1.35

Updated 1st post.

Kingb33 - I changed the way I brought focus back to the emulators, I hope it will help your problem.

Chillinwater - time to beta test. smile.gif

post-2333-12572977457_thumb.jpg