All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Ootake 2.86 and ISO loading

Xtro

Hi, I was using Ootake in a previous version 2.80 I think and have my PC Engine ISOs installed in the install dir of Ootake via the fullinstall method (ripping in CUE+WAV), this worked very well launching from commandline "ootake.exe "Rompath\Rom.cue" but now with the newest versions of Ootake it doesn't load, it just says couldn't load rom.cue and then mainboard init error.

I know I could mount the isos with DT but as it launched them previously, maybe there is a new swith or something to configure to run them again.

Thanks for your help.

I don't use this emulator, but it's probably this command line:

ootake.exe "[RomPath]\[RomFile]"

If you need additional assistance, please post your GameEx.ini and log file.

Thanks, the cue file support is broken from Ootake version 2.81 I tried from dos commandline and what version 2.80 launches 2.81 and upwards just doesn't. I also tried  using the /CD switch but it keeps telling me the arguments are too long. 

54 minutes ago, Adultery said:

I don't use this emulator, but it's probably this command line:

ootake.exe "[RomPath]\[RomFile]"

If you need additional assistance, please post your GameEx.ini and log file.

@Xtro Just be aware that GameEx launching process is based on an emulator's ability to launch via a dos command and parameters. Mounting an image is (generally) the easy part. Sadly, if there is no command line functionality for launching Ootake, you may have to do some of the launching manually. You may want to do some posting in forums that are reporting the newest version. Maybe someone can provide some command-line info there.

There does not appear to be much documentation on Ootake and what little that is avaialble is in Japanese, so not much help there; but the author does appear to be updating at a pretty fast pace (3 updates in the last 30 days or so from what I can tell), so if there is no command-line functionality now, perhaps it will be added in the future.

@RedDog You are right, I didn't find any Ootake forum to ask for this as it seems more japanese speaking and thought more people should use it this way. I am back to version 2.80 that works very well indeed.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Xtro said:

Hi, I post only to tell that as of version 2.87 of Ootake the iso loading problem is solved, so thanks to the developer for updating this fantastic emulator.

Can you confirm the proper command line for this emulator? Thanks!