All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex Bug

Alan Ribas

I wanted to report a Bug that I found on Gameex.
I made a video to show the problem. Gameex is started normally. I enter the emulator folder and choose any of the systems. In the video I made, I chose the "MEGA DRIVE" system. Once inside the chosen system area, if I want to maximize the screen by pressing "ALT + ENTER" the screen is maximized, but two errors appear. The first is that the background screen disappears giving way to it an image belongs to the file "emubak.png". The second error is that the navigation keys that go down and up in the game list are moved from place to place (first it was on the left / bottom part of the screen and after the error happens these keys invade the part where the list of games is, as can be seen in the video).

The gameex is configured to maintain the current computer resolution. My computer is at 1920x1080 resolution. My monitor has the same resolution capacity. And I currently use a theme that also has 1920x1080 resolution.

I had reported this problem a long time ago. I thought that future updates would fix them, but that has not happened to this day.

I would really like the developers to take a look at this issue. It is not something that brings problems to the functionality that the gameex is intended for but really irritates me.

a.png

log.txt

GameEx.ini

You say you use a theme that is the same dimensions - what theme? If it is one you created, you may need to zip it and provide it for us. If not, does the error occur when using the default-default theme? Are you using custom menus? If so, we may need to also see your custommenu.ini file.

2 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

You say you use a theme that is the same dimensions - what theme? If it is one you created, you may need to zip it and provide it for us. If not, does the error occur when using the default-default theme? Are you using custom menus? If so, we may need to also see your custommenu.ini file.

The theme I currently use is one I created myself (1920x1080). The menus were also customized by me. I'm at work at the moment. As soon as I get home I will send the menu and the file "custommenu.ini".

Many thanks for the help guys.:D

This problem was making me very stressed.:wacko:

11 hours ago, tthurman said:

Have you tried another 1920 x 1080 theme to see if this is persistent?

I've ran Smoked Glass and Ambient Occlusion both a considerable amount, and never experienced this

I downloaded a theme with 1920x1080 resolution (After Darkness). I went into this theme and I was able to replicate the problem I am experiencing. I really believe that if it's not a Bug I do not know what it is. The point is this.

1) Each of the emulators I have (master system, mega drive, super nintendo etc ...) I made a different background screen.

2) Within the themes editor, in the models part there is the model called "emulator". I added as background of this "emulator" a different image from the one I established for my systems (master system, mega drive, etc ...).

3) I enter gameex normally. Be with the screen maximized or minimized. Inside the gameex I choose the system you want. Example: Master system. There is the background screen showing the video game master system. By pressing alt + enter (when the gameex is maximized or minimized) the system screen chosen by me, in the case of the master system, changes to the screen that belongs to the emulator model.

Then that's it. I was able to replicate the problem. This can only be a bug.

emulator.png

15 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

My theme link:        https://mega.nz/#!55VHCAoT

Decoding key::        !qImwSyAasLBflcCWVjef7S5OJLOj_ziQNvS_W8FDLkE

CustomMenu (Gameex - Config).ini

CustomMenu (Gameex- config - Users - Default).ini

I found these two files with the name "custommenu.ini". Each of them in a different place

• 3 weeks later...

I will give you a +1 for a creative bump. Sorry but I haven't had a chance to take a look due to some real life stuff. Maybe one of the other forum members, mods, or admins will have some time to take a look.

46 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

I will give you a +1 for a creative bump. Sorry but I haven't had a chance to take a look due to some real life stuff. Maybe one of the other forum members, mods, or admins will have some time to take a look.

I was able to reproduce the problem again. I think it's something to be fixed by the gameex developer. I do not think settings would solve the problem.

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon people.

I'd like to know why I'm not getting attention to the problem I reported in this topic? I've been to this forum for many times. And I've even gotten a few "tugs" being told that people here are not at my disposal (although I've never thought about it).
Because I really enjoy using this front end, every time I find something that I think is a problem every now and then, I quickly try to alert you to the fact. I think one or two times that I reported a problem, the developer repaired it by indiscriminately helping everyone using that program. However, the last problem I reported a long time ago was not taken very seriously. I remember writing a topic explaining in detail what was happening and I was simply not taken seriously. It took one of my colleagues here in this group to confirm for themselves that the problem existed so that the people responsible for making the corrections would really realize that something was happening and so take appropriate action. Generating a new update with at least one less bug.
Apparently my word did not count too much .... as I said it was necessary to ratify in a post that I was right for something to be done. And apparently, not to say for sure, I've been getting the same treatment. I posted this post a long time ago. I thought it was not clear in my explanations, but I saw that I was very detail-oriented with the problem I face. I also said that I was able to duplicate the problem, thus showing that there could indeed be a mistake there, but no one cared.

If there is not a problem, please tell me what I'm doing wrong? If there is a problem please try to fix it.

I confess that I was more excited to be here. Contempt is more or less what I feel at the moment.

Sorry you get the impression that nobody cares. Occasionally posts get lost in the shuffle or time is just not available to do anything. I can't speak for Tom or anyone else, but just a few days after I responded to you I lost my father, then had to deal with my mom's return to the hospital and rehab due to dementia, then the holidays and difficulties on the job with a bad boss, etc.

So yeah, I dropped the ball on my promise to try to take a look at it again. I do care, but my time is limited now. Hopefully Tom or one of the Admins or Moderators will take a look at the issue as I said before. 

Since the issue only appears to be impacting you since you reported it, this makes it more difficult to remedy it for you, especially if nobody is able to replicate it.

In the SAAS industry, one report is a user problem. Several reports constitute a bug. Which have two completely different processes of resolution and priority levels.

I don't have access to the code, the same setup, the theme, or the environment to test. I wish I could help, I really do... But to be fair, I personally couldn't reproduce this in 2017 for the few minutes I looked at it and we haven't received a single additional complaint about it.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it @Alan Ribas and I'm sorry you're having that issue, but it's unlikely a fix will come if Tom doesn't consider it a priority, especially in the wake of (then) GameEx Arcade and Pinball X, or (now) Evolution.

https://goo.gl/images/D2GvWE

I should also mention that I bounce between windowed mode and full screen like that all the time on my laptop while I'm working on plugins (sometimes hundreds of times a day) so I definitely would have seen this happen before if it was a common problem.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Sorry you get the impression that nobody cares. Occasionally posts get lost in the shuffle or time is just not available to do anything. I can't speak for Tom or anyone else, but just a few days after I responded to you I lost my father, then had to deal with my mom's return to the hospital and rehab due to dementia, then the holidays and difficulties on the job with a bad boss, etc.

So yeah, I dropped the ball on my promise to try to take a look at it again. I do care, but my time is limited now. Hopefully Tom or one of the Admins or Moderators will take a look at the issue as I said before. 

Since the issue only appears to be impacting you since you reported it, this makes it more difficult to remedy it for you, especially if nobody is able to replicate it.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Only you answer my question is already satisfied. I'm sorry for everything that happened to you.
 There really are no words to describe all that for what you've been through. My sincere condolences.

16 hours ago, Adultery said:

In the SAAS industry, one report is a user problem. Several reports constitute a bug. Which have two completely different processes of resolution and priority levels.

I don't have access to the code, the same setup, the theme, or the environment to test. I wish I could help, I really do... But to be fair, I personally couldn't reproduce this in 2017 for the few minutes I looked at it and we haven't received a single additional complaint about it.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it @Alan Ribas and I'm sorry you're having that issue, but it's unlikely a fix will come if Tom doesn't consider it a priority, especially in the wake of (then) GameEx Arcade and Pinball X, or (now) Evolution.

https://goo.gl/images/D2GvWE

I should also mention that I bounce between windowed mode and full screen like that all the time on my laptop while I'm working on plugins (sometimes hundreds of times a day) so I definitely would have seen this happen before if it was a common problem.

I understand what you said Adultery. The people here have not gone through something like that because I think they have not changed as I did the main screen background and the emulator system background (eg super nintendo).

The gameex here at home works normally.

But if you open the editor now and change the gameex main screen, which is the screen that we first have contact after opening the front-end and also change the background of some of the video games that are installed there you will see the error happen to press Alt + ENTER. 
But for the error to happen it is necessary to be inside the menu that shows the list of games to be chosen. Just like the video I made above. 

At first I thought it was some configuration that he did. But I opened a new theme. I changed the background photo of the main screen and also the video game screen. And the error appeared.

The problem appears when the background screens are not identical.

ps....I copied my entire gameex folder. And I left a link in that post. If you download the file you will see with your own eyes the error.

1 hour ago, Alan Ribas said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Only you answer my question is already satisfied. I'm sorry for everything that happened to you.
 There really are no words to describe all that for what you've been through. My sincere condolences.

Thank you for your kind words. Given all that I have been through over the last year, I am surprised that I am still around. I wasn't posting that to try to garner sympathy. It was more to use my circumstances at the time of my most recent response to make a point. When we visit here, we get great service most of the time. But we can easily lose perspective that the forum support and programming are run by hobbyists that are first and foremost people.  Most of us are 40+. We have "real life" issues which incur much responsibility. They could be dealing with the health or death of elder parents, dealing with our own health or the health of a spouse and children, and employment issues. 

I hope that the issue is something that can be addressed. Understand that it has to be something that can be replicated and, if it cannot, then hopefully you will get a response accordingly.

19 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Thank you for your kind words. Given all that I have been through over the last year, I am surprised that I am still around. I wasn't posting that to try to garner sympathy. It was more to use my circumstances at the time of my most recent response to make a point. When we visit here, we get great service most of the time. But we can easily lose perspective that the forum support and programming are run by hobbyists that are first and foremost people.  Most of us are 40+. We have "real life" issues which incur much responsibility. They could be dealing with the health or death of elder parents, dealing with our own health or the health of a spouse and children, and employment issues. 

I hope that the issue is something that can be addressed. Understand that it has to be something that can be replicated and, if it cannot, then hopefully you will get a response accordingly.

I understand your point. Thank you!