All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX3 - Animated Backglass Project (SCRAPPED)

rablack97

I could not get any feedback for permissions, and my request that was on the french site was somehow deleted from the site.

So the mods will have to stay personal and unreleased.

Ok folks, figure out a way to mod the PBFX2 backglass with the new fireball.  I did not create these, these were done by @Namsan.

All I'm doing is adding the new fireball.  Some may not be feasible based on placement of the PBFX2 fireball.  This one turned out nice though.

Do we have to get creators permission to mod these files, or can i move forward?

My apologies @vogliadicane there are 2 sets of these and I wasn't sure who did what.

Do you have plans to convert these to PBFX3, if you still have the templates?  If not I've started the process for my own cab.

Per @Carny_Priest I will not release to public unless I have you're permission for you're sets and @Namsan permission for his sets.

I think your's were static images with blinking lights and his used animated scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not just mod them with either no logo or with the ZEN Studios branding and avoid the heartache in 3 years when they come out with Pinball FX 4?

If you put FX3 branding on yours, then people will be looking to track you down or overwrite your work when the next one comes out.  Keep it clean of versioning and your work will live on as long as there are pincabs.

I'm setting mine up with no version branding on the backglass, and I'm changing all the 'creator' fields in my database from 'Zen Studios' to 'PinballFX2' and the new ones to 'PinballFX3'  so that the manufacturer logo with the wheel spin shows which version they were made for.

Unfortunately, most of the animated backglasses start as a standard image with animation effects added. These images come from Zen Studios with the application logo already on them. Unless the logos are in a location on the image that they can be cleanly "photoshopped" to remove them, the author is tasked with either starting from scratch to modify the base image and readd the animation effects, or modify the video by "pasting" the new logo over the position of the one on the base image.

That said, if members were able to source some high-def images for the new system, it would probably go a long way in getting some fresh backglass creation started.

Yeah that's the route I was going to go, just remove the logo reference altogether as I have a 3rd screen that displays the pbfx3 animation.  Those can be changed easily.  To Draco's point sourcing the new image would be the real task.  Some of these would be pretty easy to do, there are others where the logo is smack dab in a section that would have to be completely redrawn.  I have a pretty clean method to replace, then after i did a couple having the logo display in the BG and the 3rd screen looked like overkill.

It would be cool if the authors on the animated BG's posted their still images, then we could doctor up the animated ones.  They both seem to be retired on BG creation now though.

• 4 months later...