All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Animated BackGlass PBFX3

Pinball818

Hi Everyone,

Ever since I updated PinballX, my Backglass Monitor Screen is black (not displaying).   The other screens (DMD and Playfield) look fine.    This is happening with all of the tables regardless of emulator when using PinballX.

It also looks like there is an image behind the DMD one on some of the games.   Maybe the backglass image is appearing there for some reason?

If I launch Pinball FX2 or 3 directly, everything populates fine.

Any tips to fix is appreciated.

I updated to 2.42.   Still the same issues.

Having the issue whether I launch a emulator via Pinball x or directly.  Really weird since everything was working perfectly before the update.  The backglass not populating is the main issue.  

I thought I saw somewhere that you have to turn off/disable Backglass, but cannot recall if it is in the Cabinet Support options of Pinball FX2 and FX3 or within Game Manager.

There is a setting in both versions of FX3 to enable (no videos, just still images) so my guess is if that is enabled in Pinball FX2/3, then it will override the images/videos from PinballX. So it would be worth someone testing this out and disabling the Backglass option in their Cabinet Support to see if that is the culprit.

This isnt a PBX issue, they changed something in PBX3, i can get a picture to show as a backglass, with the backglass enabled, i also saw that it has gif support, i even tried a gif and it still froze the .GIF.  I also disabled doflinx and the dmdext as those have to load prior to table launch, and the video from pbx froze.  From what i can tell, it only supports still images.

Not sure if anyone knew this but if you add a .jpg file named PinballFX3 to Steam>steamapps>common>pinball>fx3>data>steam folder you will get a backlass image during your table selection.

Hmhh, strange. I run PinballX 2.42 together with PBFX3 (PBFX3 internal backglass system disabled) and my animated backglass videos (the usual ones from here) run flawlessly during PBFX play ! There is even no visible break in the animation during table start and table play.

It also looks like there is an image behind the DMD one on some of the games.   Maybe the backglass image is appearing there for some reason?

I had the same window! I do not know why, but it is the topper image or video window, although I disabled it in the settings. Then I set the topper display (monitor number) to a nonexisting screen (Display #4), and it disappeared. Maybe @Tom takes a short look on this.

He writes, that it will work, when you start PBFX3 in full screen mode ;)

But I start it in borderless window mode and it works too....

Edit:

BTW: In my cab I installed three software packages, which could have some influence on the video behavior:

• LAV filters (latest release)
  • MadVr (latest release)
  • The (in)famous 4GB patch on PinballX.exe (it really has a noticable influence on multimedia performance for me)

Mysterious! I really do not know, why it works here.

One further thing: I use an AHK start script, but nothing special, could it be this one? I will try to start FX3 directly tomorrow, maybe that makes a difference. Stay tuned, I will report the results then.