All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Quickest way to hide games from list

shroud

Hello,

next weekend we're having an 80s-themed party, and I am going to fire up GameEx for the guests to enjoy some retrogames :)

Because of the party theme I would like to hide all games that are from the 90s. What is the quickest way to pick & hide some games from configuration wizard? I want this to be temporarily only, of course, so I am not going to actually delete those games, just making them not show up in GameEx games lists. It would be nice if there's a way to do so that doesn't require me to (re)move all their files, since each game has plenty of assets (cover, snap, manual...) in different locations.

Thanks! :)

When highlighting a game in the list press the delete key and confirm. This doesn't permamently delete the file from your pc system or GameEx.

GameEx I believe caches a list to a file and thus games can be reinserted into the Game list later when this file is deleted.

This is one of my favorite features of the GameEx frontend.

I think the easiest way to do it would be to create a favorites and add the games to that, especially if you have 1,000s of games would take ages to manually delete each as KRC suggested.,.  By having a favorites  you could just add the ones you know are going to be played...its how i do it and have like 50 games that are totally 80s...space invades frogger, gorf, defender etc...

Side note.... does GameEx support more than 1 favorites setting? or does it have a filter setting?

54 minutes ago, simbamame said:

I think the easiest way to do it would be to create a favorites and add the games to that, especially if you have 1,000s of games would take ages to manually delete each as KRC suggested.,.  By having a favorites  you could just add the ones you know are going to be played...its how i do it and have like 50 games that are totally 80s...space invades frogger, gorf, defender etc...

Side note.... does GameEx support more than 1 favorites setting? or does it have a filter setting?

But isn't it so that the favourites list is then a single list for ALL systems? I want to keep the separate lists by different console or home computers.

1 hour ago, KRC said:

When highlighting a game in the list press the delete key and confirm. This doesn't permamently delete the file from your pc system or GameEx.

GameEx I believe caches a list to a file and thus games can be reinserted into the Game list later when this file is deleted.

This is one of my favorite features of the GameEx frontend.

Sounds good! Would GameEx still show the video snaps of deleted games on a system's main menu?

47 minutes ago, shroud said:

Sounds good! Would GameEx still show the video snaps of deleted games on a system's main menu?

No, the entry is removed from the list.

Remember you can put them back afterwards.