All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX3 Feature Requests

captaincroutons

So I thought it might be useful for everyone to get together with ideas for features that should be added to FX3. I spoke to support yesterday and while they are focused on hotfixes at the moment, they are already taking and submitting requests for new features. Right off the top of my head, adding a name for a high score is not cabinet friendly right now. Also, I'm not sure if there's a way to remove the small DMD from the top left corner of the screen even in cabinet mode. 

Anyway, I was just thinking if we all get together on features we need, we can all make submissions and hopefully get them in game sooner.

Just a thought!

I think that they have an official forum for just that sort of thing on Steam and maybe even on the Zen Studios site itself. Can't get to the specific links as I am at work so someone else may want to post them.

1 hour ago, rockyrocket said:

A bit off topic, but is FX3 a big upgrade from FX2 from a gameplay perspective?.

Running out of HD space so have a choice to make.

Huge change as far as graphics and different types of gameplay. Now has experience points to upgrade every table including FX2 tables. You can try the new tables in trial mode and hold off bringing all your FX2 tables over. A few won't transfer due to licensing. The FX2 tables can be played either in FX2 or FX3. FX3 has bugs but will only get better in time. If it was me choosing I would go with FX3.

16 hours ago, captaincroutons said:

So I thought it might be useful for everyone to get together with ideas for features that should be added to FX3. I spoke to support yesterday and while they are focused on hotfixes at the moment, they are already taking and submitting requests for new features. Right off the top of my head, adding a name for a high score is not cabinet friendly right now. Also, I'm not sure if there's a way to remove the small DMD from the top left corner of the screen even in cabinet mode. 

Anyway, I was just thinking if we all get together on features we need, we can all make submissions and hopefully get them in game sooner.

Just a thought!

I managed to close the small DMD showing top left in cabinet mode, there a setting in the cabinet support settings page, although I am only using playfield and dmd screen on my upright cabinet

9 hours ago, zorg2000k said:

I managed to close the small DMD showing top left in cabinet mode, there a setting in the cabinet support settings page, although I am only using playfield and dmd screen on my upright cabinet

Do you have a real dmd? I have a two monitor setup, and my secondary screen has both the backglass image and the digital dmd displayed on it. I do not see anywhere in cabinet mode settings to just disable the play field dmd.