All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX3 Setup?

Lancer1977

17 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Your missing a space:

-applaunch 442120-"table_STARWARS_Rebels"

Should be:

-applaunch 442120 -"table_STARWARS_Rebels"

WOW!! That did it!!  Amazing how one little space can change sooo much.    Thank you Tom!

Everything is going well today.

Load the table with the corresponding backglass and there are no bugs on the table.

I suppose I would fail because I did not restart after the installation or any nonsense.

The first opening fails, but that's because I do not have to start Steam with Windows and that first opening takes longer than the next.

Also thanks! I bought the Aliens pack and the one with Doom. Doom was awesome first time played! Universal pack next week. Now to figure out why my pinDMDv3 is not talking? Not a PBX problem.

• 1 month later...

hey everyone, complete noob here, I just started building my pinball(for wife) and for the life of me cannot figure out how to get PFX3 to work. it sees the tables but when I click on one it brings me back to the main menu. saying cant find specified file ill attach xml and logs as well as ini. I also have PFX2 that I would like to install if someone can guide me.

log.txt

Pinball FX3.xml

PinballX.ini

Also, are you running FX3 via Steam? The normal path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

PinballX cannot find the executable via this link in your log file. That is why it is going back to the main wheel menu.

23:53:13.4  11/21/2017:  C:\Games\Pinball FX3.exe -table_"Doom"
23:53:13.7  11/21/2017:  The system cannot find the file specified
23:53:13.7  11/21/2017:     at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
23:53:13.7  11/21/2017:     at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
23:53:13.7  11/21/2017:     at PinballX.FrmMain.q()

43 minutes ago, joeybootz said:

ok this is not a steam version, it was an iso image I had

Issue for non-Steam version reported here...

Thus far I do not believe that anyone has reported a solution to this, at least not in the PinballX forums.

• 3 months later...

I hope I can ask for some help here for the same issue that the first poster reported.

I've googled around different forums and posts without success.  I've even reached out to the Zen team.  Zen just replied that they can't help me with a third party software.

I have just completed a clean install of win 10 pro with a new install of steam and FX3 along with the most recent version of PinballX 2.62.

I cannot get FX3 to load into a table directly when launching from PinballX.  I've tried all 3 systems in my house and all 3 won't load the FX3 tables directly.  They all go to the menu.

I do have the cabinet code installed in FX3 and its active.

Apart from saying "yes" to screen rotation for the preset PinballX FX3 settings, I've not made any other changes

I've attached my config files in the hope that someone can see something to help me with this please. 

Thanks

Grimworm

Pinball FX3.xml

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Try this for Alien Isolation

copy what you have in the title into the desctription

Alien_Isolation

copy that into you description and then see if it launches into the table.

I dont have the link off hand but i posted the correct naming conventions for fx3 awhile back, copy those into the title an description.

its going to the menu because your naming conventions don't match what FX3 is lookin for.

Hi rablack,

Thank you for suggestion.  I backed up my old fx3.ini and looked for your post of the .xml for FX3.  I put that one in and still no joy.  All tables continue to load to the main menu

I've reattached my files again to see if there is something else that I may have missed

Thank you

Grimworm

Pinball FX3.bak

Pinball FX3.xml

PinballX.ini

log.txt

4:30 pm - Well I feel like a complete idiot.  I didn't notice that my cabinet code was not active on my rebuilt machine.  Once I entered that, the tables now all load properly.

A huge THANK YOU to rablack for his xml file with the additional tables in it and your response.  Thanks.  It's a real nice bonus to have ET, Jaws and BTTF in my menu now

Thank

Grimworm

• 6 months later...