All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

pinball fx3 with a real DMD

chadman

When read the options for dmdext I see pinballfx2 listed, but not pinballfx3.  If I enter pinballfx3 it does not work.  I'm not sure, but I think it must be hard coded in the .exe file.  Kind of lame without the cool dmd.  Also fx3 requires a keyboard to enter high scores...errrrrr.

Good point! It is probably hard coded. I could load the C# source inside my Visual Studio but Zen may have completely rewritten the DMD code, among a ton of other things? 

We'll have to let Freezy know. I'll post over at vpforums.

Freezy sent me a new dmdext-69.zip 

dmdext-69.exe mirror -s pinballfx3

He tested and it works great. Not sure if he posted it yet?

Anyone interested in trying out can PM me your email and I will forward to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hlr53 said:

FX3 should be in the latest release

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

I don't see it posted in the latest release. only see 1.52 and that's older..  I was able to download the new source code and compile the new dmdext.exe.  Works great!  hlr53, ignore my PM, I got it working and thanks for asking freezy about it.  

Great job Freezy!  this makes the games look so much cooler!

And for the record, I didn't email anything to anyone. Everything on dmdext is public, everyone can follow issues and test builds. The issue in question can be found here. GitHub sends out email notifications about issues to subscribed users, so maybe that was @hrl53's confusion.