All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX User Experience for GameEx Subscribers

sirlee

Hi Guys,

i would be interested in becoming a lifetime subscriber to GameEx so I can have access to the FTP. But I am a little bit worried if it provides a better user experience than using a google picture search.

So I hope some of you subscribers can enligthen me.

For example in the PinballX Game List Manager, if i press the search Button as a non-subscriber I will find artwork for most classic VP tables. However there is nothing for PinballFX 2 (3) or Pinball Arcade.

So how is the experience if I subscribe? I know there are artworks available for these tables but would they show up in the search of the interface for me to select directly?

Or do I need to manually connect to the FTP download everything and then locate the stuff from my Harddrive? (That would be like the google experience)

Thank you for your insights!

Generally, the artwork via the Game List Manager is considered "canon" for the respective systems and tables. Since there is so much user-contributed and created content for PBA and PFX systems, there is no set videos or snaps for them. Using the FTP is best for downloading these user-created collections.

1 hour ago, sirlee said:

Hi Guys,

i would be interested in becoming a lifetime subscriber to GameEx so I can have access to the FTP. But I am a little bit worried if it provides a better user experience than using a google picture search.

So I hope some of you subscribers can enligthen me.

For example in the PinballX Game List Manager, if i press the search Button as a non-subscriber I will find artwork for most classic VP tables. However there is nothing for PinballFX 2 (3) or Pinball Arcade.

So how is the experience if I subscribe? I know there are artworks available for these tables but would they show up in the search of the interface for me to select directly?

Or do I need to manually connect to the FTP download everything and then locate the stuff from my Harddrive? (That would be like the google experience)

Thank you for your insights!

DO IT  you wont regret it!!  you will get everything you need and then some, the additional user uploads is something like 130 Gigabytes.