All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX 3 - How To

Tom Speirs

Here are the settings for Pinball FX 3 with cabinet support using the in build Pinball FX settings in the setup wizard.

[PinballFX2]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
Executable=steam.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 442120 "-table_[TABLEFILE]"
Process=Pinball FX3.exe

PinballX Pinball FX3 settings.png

If you do not have Cabinet Mode enabled see here:

• Like 4

I have FX3 working perfectly BUT for some reason cannot create a custom list in the front end. The xml is in its own folder and all the tables show up when I have all tables showing but I am unable to create a custom list for just these tables. Any idea where I’m going wrong please?

Thanks in advance

Nick

On 26.9.2017 at 1:22 PM, Tom Speirs said:

Here are the settings for Pinball FX 3 with cabinet support using the in build Pinball FX settings in the setup wizard.

[PinballFX2]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
Executable=steam.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 442120 "-table_[TABLEFILE]"
Process=Pinball FX3.exe

PinballX Pinball FX3 settings.png

Perfect... thx!

If you do not have Cabinet Mode enabled see here:

I’m really grateful for the help & guidance. Thank you.

Got almost everything working as it should now. 

Cab mode is awesome but PinballX is what makes everything come together for the best possible experience, though Freezy’s extensions & BAM are all part of the picture too.

Thanks to everyone for all the amazing features, help and to Tom for the ultimate front end.

Nick

I can launch some table from PinballX and Pinball FX3, but also have some trouble.  What I normally do is create a XML file for a system (ie Pinball FX3.xml) and copy that to Pinball FX3 Only.xml.  that way when browsing tables in pinballx I can choose to only show 1 system.  I can't seem to add Doom or fallout to fx3 list.  Very strange.  

Can somebody upload a complete FX2 list (since it will NOT change anymore) and a FX3 list (by default the fx3 list has tables that are not included anymore like South Park, etc)

Thanks

2 hours ago, slydog43 said:

Can somebody upload a complete FX2 list (since it will NOT change anymore) and a FX3 list (by default the fx3 list has tables that are not included anymore like South Park, etc)

Check here for the FX3 list. If you are having any issues, please report them in a separate thread and provide copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files (and your system .xml files if you think it may be needed).

Thanks Draco, cleaning up that list now.  I still have 1 issue with Pinball FX3 and my cabinet.  I turn on cabinet support (had to get a key) and turn on reposition DMD and enter the coordinates.  Trouble is that the DMD on the playfield still shows.  Anyone know how to remove that.  Thanks

I am locking this thread as the original intent was to instruct How to setup in the setup wizard. Please post any issues in a new thread under PinballX > General subforum and provide copies of your pinballx.ini, log.txt, and pinball fx3.xml files as attachments if you are reporting an error. Thanks!