All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Retro Achievements

KRC

Hey Fellas,

I remember a while ago a few members including myself speaking about Retro Achievements.

http://retroachievements.org

Does anyone still use these emulators?

The Retro Achievements Forums are still very active so it must be a good thing.

I'm in the process of adding these as extra emulators. I did set these up a couple of years ago but never got round to actually using them.

I use RetroArch for RA. You don't need their emulators unless you're authoring. You do need specific cores though. If you wanna know what cores to use, here are my suggestions:

FCEumm for NES (Rumor is QuickNES also works, but not for Android which is where I mostly play)

PicoDrive for SMS, GG, GEN, SCD

Beetle PCE Fast for PCE

Mupen for 64 (I think, not 100% sure)

SNES9x 2010 for SNES

Let me know if you have questions but the setup is pretty easy.

• Like 1

Same. I had to switch some cores around for my GameEx rig, but was already using RA for my emulators anyway so I can have a custom bezel. The effort was minimal.

So I setup RAgens from Retro Achievements and ran it, it works no problem with achievements popping.

Gens options are quite poor though compared to Fusion.

Also had to extract all the Zip Files in my games folder as I think Gens doesn't read Zip or Rar files.

Just need to implement them into GameEx now which I will do later.

http://retroachievements.org/user/KRC1