All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Dedicated PC to TV

evertonian7uk

Sorry, i know this has been answered i just cannot find the info.

I have a spare PC and Hard Drive here that is full of game EX - i want it to boot directly to the game EX front end instead of windows and connect directly to my smart TV - is there a simple way to boot directly into Game EX and display on TV (i am assuming plugging the HDMI into the TV is suffice enough etc...) 

I do not believe the Setup Wizard has an option to start GameEx on boot, but it is easy to add to Windows. Just go to Start > All Programs > Startup and place a shortcut to GameEx there.

Do check the manual for your TV to see what the proper way is to use it with a computer. I have read that not all HDMI ports on TVs work well with PCs. You do not want to damage your TV or PC.

• Like 1

I would be wary of Instant Sheller with the newer OS's (8 and above). I would skin the OS startup screen and background to coordinate with whatever theme GameEx was running as closely as possible, hide the taskbar, but understand that one is not going to get a complete OS hidden experience.