All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx AE v14.91 - CPWizard Black Screen Problem

spiffo

OK, so I'm back with a new problem that's had me stumped for the last few days.

I'm trying to use CPWizard, and it works absolutely fine if I run MAME on it's own, press L and the menu comes up, exit and go back into MAME, sweet!

If I try the same thing with Game Ex Arcade though weird display things happen.

The first time I just get the Game Ex Loading Screen for a few seconds then a black screen, I think the CPWizard Menu is there as I can still exit back to MAME but I just can't see anything.

The Second time I Press L, I see the CPWizard Menu for about a second then it disappears to a Black Screen, and again I think it is there as I can still exit it out back to MAME.

I've tried all the display options in the Game Ex Wizard and all the different display options I can find in CPWizard but all I can do is make the problem worse.

I've even tried updating Video Card Drivers but that didn't help. I've got a AMD Radeon HD5450, so I'm wondering if it's an AMD Driver issue?

GameEx.ini

log.txt

CPWizard.ini

CPWizard.log

• Draco1962 changed the title to GameEx AE v14.91 - CPWizard Black Screen Problem

I took a look at the error in the CPWizard.log file and noted the second line of the error "ERROR @ TryGetCommandLineFromPid" reads "Specified cast is not valid". Did a "Google" search and all entries point to a SQL (database) error.  Bottom line, not a video driver issue. 

Do you have legacy GameEx installed and, if so, do you get the same or similar error? Just trying to lock this down to either or both versions of GameEx and AE.