All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Help With PBA Steam

captaincroutons

Ok, I've searched the forums and done a ton of Googling, to no avail. I know I saw somewhere in the past that there is a way to disable the new table ad when Pinball Arcade(Steam version) launches. Does anyone know how this is done? I have my cab launching tables properly through PBX now thanks to bduncan's info from:  

Basically now through PinballX I can select a table, PBA launches with PBAFreeCamMod running, but then that stupid ad for world cup soccer comes up! If I even move the mouse a bit, it will automatically close then launch the table I selected in PBX, otherwise it will sit on that screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you are getting an ad from Steam, it will probably resolve itself after their promotion is over. Otherwise, you may have to address this via the PBAFreeCamMod team to see if they can add a script to their mod file to handle the mouse click for you.

It's like a "what's new" message from Pinball Arcade once it launches, right now it's advertising their latest table release World Cup Soccer. I swear I saw something somewhere on a forum that had a parameter you can add to the launch .exe to stop that from displaying. It's so frustrating being so close to being able to run PBA in a perfect cabinet only control mode, no keyboard or mouse!

So for some reason, that message stopped displaying on its own. Maybe you were right Draco, and it was just a temporary thing promoting the new table. Now I need to get everything set to offline before an update ruins everything! Thanks for your reply.

BTW, how'd you fare in the storm? My mother in law lives in Orange Park right outside of Jax and there was some bad flooding up that way. Thankfully, down in Ormond Beach where my wife and I live didn't get it too bad.

Howdy neighbor! We were lucky. We live in East Arlington and had minor damage, mostly limited to some large branches and lots of stripped foliage. We had some large overhanging oak branches trimmed back in June which probably saved us from having damage to the roof this time around. Lost power for a little over a day so we fared better than most living close to the river, creeks, or beaches.