All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] what s the correct path ?

simbamame

I now have pinballx set up with all mp visual pinball tables in separate areas with in pinballx and set up separate emulators for these

vpx tables
vp99 tables
vpm5 tables

The problem is when i select a table in pinballx the table will not load i have set up separate emulators for the separate visual pinball versions but they refuse to load  ( they work outside of pinballx ) do you know what the correct file,path and executable etc.. are  for each 1 ?

Thanks in advance..Ian.

you should post your logs

and the correct place is where you placed them

my correct path is

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinball99_PhysMod5_Updated

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinball921

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinball994

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinballX

I'm 99.9% certain my "correct path" is not the same as yours

and each separate emulator needs a table path; so if you where smart enough to separate your tables based on

the exe it needs.  you should have something similar to this for each separate system you added

C:\Tables\Visual Pinball [VP9.2.1]

C:\Tables\Visual Pinball [VP9.9.1]

C:\Tables\Visual Pinball [VP9][Physics Mod 5]

C:\Tables\Visual Pinball [VPX]

hi what you said above is exactly what i have done, i've even added the extra executable to the XML files but it still refuses to load the tables.

the hole point tot adding custom systems to PinballX is that you DON"T!!! have to add  exe to the XML.

You only add the exe to your XML 

- if you ONLY have 1 visual Pinball XML, that lists all the tables you have (PHY 5, VP9.9.x,  VPX)

-you have all your tables in the same folder (Pinball X does not support multiple table paths,  but IT SHOULD!!!!)

if you post your logs, we can pin point your problem.  if not good luck trying to fix your problem.

• simbamame changed the title to [ RESOLVED ] what s the correct path ?

all sorted now thanks to pc tecknic Who altered the visual pinball XML database  to point to the correct version using the ALTERNATIVEEXE command, so marking as resolved, but thanks mike.

Ian

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] what s the correct path ?
  • Draco1962 locked this topic