All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The Darkness

cdbrown

Hi all,

Figured seeing as though I signed up I should do the intro. Built my cab well over 10 years ago - well the shell, control panel, primed in beautiful white MDF primer, all the wiring, buttons, joysticks, PC and 68cm fat back tv and that's how it remained up until recently. Not sure why but decided 10 years was more than enough time for the primer to cure and give it a lick of top coat.  So a few weeks ago I stripped it all down, pulled it into the carport, cut about 30cm off the back (originally needed the depth for the tv, but have swapped it for a flat panel), cut some holes for speakers and then painted it. Put it all back together and back into the bar. Next was to give it a nice FE as mameUI64 is only good for trying some games out, not really nice when people come over. Stumbled on GameEx and the limited time I've tried it's been really good.

Anyway the cab is a 4-player beast, based around NBA Jam which was a big favourite of mine and does get a bit of playtime on the cab when friends are around. Ultimarc 64 does the buttons and joysticks, connected to a pc sitting in the bottom of the cab. Audio is four 6x9" 3-way speakers powered by Sony Xplod amp (which is turned way down).  Still in the process of setting up GameEx to work how I want it - there's a lot of options to play with so going to try some of them out.  I do have to sort out the control panel image which get's displayed as I don't have my buttons set up that way.

Anyway I've been out of this game for a while, and just easing back in so please go easy on me if I ask a stupid question.

Cheers

-cdbrown

IMG_20170824_065551[1].jpg

IMG_20170824_065536[1].jpg

IMG_20170907_202639[1].jpg

IMG_20170907_202656[1].jpg

IMG_20170907_203819[1].jpg

• Like 2

Cheers guys. Still want to put in a marquee and screen bezel to hide everything. Just not sure what to use. Any tips bearing in mind I'm in Perth, west Aus and we aren't exactly spoiled for choice

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk