All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Menu Crash

Marchafb

Hello All,

I have an issue with my PinballX menu crashing seemingly randomly, but I have have noticed it always happens when going from a VPx table to an FX2 table. I have a 3 screen setup with a PINDMD3 and what happens is that whatever table is before the FX2, table freezes on the screen and the backglass goes dark and my PINDMD3 video freezes. NOTE: this does not happen every time I go past a Pinball FX2 table, and I can run the FX2 table with no issues.

I finally have all of my tables, B2S server, and PINDMD3 working correctly otherwise, and this is my last problem to solve. 

I am running Windows 10, I have the latest version of PinballX and Visual Pinball and both were installed as admin. I am running an Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card and not an ATI. I was thinking maybe codecs, and I just installed the latest codec pack (as none were previously installed), but still same issue. PinballX log.txt is clean with no errors. 

The only way I can get out of the freeze is to ctrl-alt-del and logout (I can't alt-tab to the task manager to kill PinballX).

Any ideas or any other logs I can check? 

Thanks

UPDATE: This definitely has to do with the FX2 backglass videos. I moved them to a backup folder so they would not load, and can't reproduce the freeze now........(previously I could reproduce the freeze within 5 minutes)

Not sure why this would cause a crash??

thanks

Are you running the recommended LAV codecs? If not, or running others, such as Shark007, uninstall these and install LAV.

You might want to reload those videos and then provide us with copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files post error for review if the suggestion above doesn't help. Also, you may want to tell us more about the source of the FX2 backglass videos. You really haven't given us much to work with to try to help you so far.

Not really a resolution, but this problem has to do with using backglass videos. I changed everything to a static image for backglesses only and everything works with no issues (playfield videos work fine for all). Maybe some sort of conflict with directB2S server???

Anyway - I am good for now.