All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Some roms in game list won't load, kicks back out to menu

cprice12

So, i'm using the latest GamEex Arcade Edition in my converted cab...I'm a recent convert from standard GameEx.

A number of roms in my game list won't load. I'll get a black screen when trying to play the game, which last 4 or 5 seconds or so, then it just kicks me back out to that game's menu.

But others seem to work just fine.

Also, some games in the roms directory aren't showing up within the GameEx game list...not sure why.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

We will need for you to attach copies of you gamee.ini and log.txt files (from your \GameEx Arcade Edition\CONFIG and \GameEx Arcade Edition\LOG paths) respectively in reply to this thread.

Also, you may also want to read through this recently abandoned thread for suggestions to see if they are of help.

In addition to the other suggestions, it's easy to test with MAME itself either by attempting to launch the same games with command-line or MAME's own built-in UI.

Sometimes what happens is you can be kicked back to the GameEX menu if MAME itself throws an error about missing files/devices/bioses or other issues like conflicting nvram/diff files which need to be deleted.