All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Trackball not working in Mame

jevansoh

Hi,

I am trying to get my trackball working in Mame.  It works fine in Windows 10 and even works to control the Mame menu when I press tab, but in game, it doesn't work.  If I turn it a lot, several rolls, it will sometimes move something in game to the left a little, but that's about it.

I have mouse=1 in the Mame.ini file.

It allows me to set the x and y on adstick and trackball when I press tab for player 1 controls, so it is reading the trackball, but it just doesn't work in game.  I've tried several games.

I've searched and searched and the other folks with this problem got it resolved by doing one of the things I've already done above, so I don't know what my problem is.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

--J

When reporting an issue or error, it is prudent to provide your gameex.ini and log.txt files so we can take a look without having to ask each time. Also, you do not indicate what type of trackball or how it is interfaced with your system (i.e., via X-Arcade Tankstick?  USB standalone?, etc.) Thanks.

1 minute ago, tthurman said:

Check the input settings of Setup Wizard, and ensure Trackball support is enabled.

I did a Google search and saw a lot of people posting similar problems on this forum so I thought I'd give it a try since I'm a member due to using your software for my Pinball cabinet, but I must inform you I'm actually using RocketLauncher and HyperSpin as my front-end/backend and not Gameex.  Oops.

I was looking more for general advice or hoping it was something inside Mame.

Let me know if I shouldn't have posted here since I don't use Gameex and if so, please forgive me. 

Thanks,

--J