All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[POLL] Choose your Favorites! (Arcade game, Console, Genra)

RIP-Felix

Choose your Favorites! (Arcade game, Console, Genra)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Hard Hitting Arcade Titles do you personally like the most (Please limit answers to your top 5)?

• Donkey Kong (Any in series)
    • Mortal Kombat (any in series)
    • 1941 (or others in series)
    • Defender
    • Pac-Man (Any in series)
    • Street Fighter (Any in series)
    • Space Invaders
    • Galaga
    • Centipede
    • Joust
    • Tempest
    • Area 51
    • Dig-Dug
    • Bubble Bobble
    • Pole Position
    • NFL Blitz
    • NBA Jam
    • House of the Dead (any in series)
    • Crus'n USA (any in series)
    • Dragon's Lair
  2. 2. Which of the following consoles is your favorite?

• Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
    • Nintendo Gamecube
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Sega Genesis/Megadrive
    • Sony Playstation (PS1)
    • Sony Playstation 2 (PS2)
    • Microsoft X-Box (Original)
    • Atari 2600
  3. 3. What is your favorite Videogame genra?

• Role Playing Games (RPG)
    • Adventure or Action/Adventure
    • First Person Shooter (FPS)
    • Side Scrolling or Vertically Scrooling Shooters
    • Lightgun
    • Racing/Flight Simulation
    • Platform
    • Horror/Suspense
    • Puzzle
    • Fighting
    • Strategy
    • Sports
    • Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO)
    • Party/Trivia
    • Majong

Too hard to narrow down the arcade game nominee list IMO, and although I did find many I liked plenty well enough to vote for, my favorite isn't in there.

Space Invaders had to be one for me, it was the first "Woah" moment I had, but Lunar Lander was up there as well.  This point of view is obviously going to be severely impacted by age, however.

I like where you're going with this though!

1 hour ago, tthurman said:

Too hard to narrow down the arcade game nominee list IMO, and although I did find many I liked plenty well enough to vote for, my favorite isn't in there.

Space Invaders had to be one for me, it was the first "Woah" moment I had, but Lunar Lander was up there as well.  This point of view is obviously going to be severely impacted by age, however.

I like where you're going with this though!

So many good arcade titles to choose from, I wanted to keep the list to 20 - manageable. Lunar lander huh? I've not heard of it, I'll have to check it out.

My first real "woah" moment was Super Mario 64 (3D like that blew my mind). Before that it was Descent on PC, one of the first 3D games. Technically Doom preceded it in the 3D category, but Descent was the first 3D FPS I'd seen and way cooler IMO. I still play it today. and love it. Defiantly an age factor, but what the hay. Games are games and everyone can enjoy the classics.

Growing up I had my dad's Atari 2600 and 33 games, so those were my go to's before talking my mom into getting us a Genesis. Later Dad got a PS1 and finally an N64. My friend had the NES and my cousin's cousin had the SNES (I only got to see it a few times and marvel at it). The SNES was my unicorn console. The unattainable, mythical one. I have a very sad story of this console. There was one at daycare we had to take turns playing, so I never got to put any real time in at getting good. All total, I probably only got in 1-2 hours of gameplay with it, never more than 5 mins in one sitting. I always died in seconds and had to relinquish the controls to the next kid in line. Later there was one in school we could play at lunch, but only if we reached level 3. This was a point system based on behavior and leadership designed to provide structure, accountability, and responsibility. We were scored after each class for behavior and lost points for swearing, not participating, talking back, not following directions (I got lots of NFD's). So I was perpetually on level 2, just 1 level below the reward of being able to play the SNES at lunch. I could only watch! I just rectified the situation. I bought my very own SNES on ebay last week! It's in good condition, no discoloring! It works great and is cooler than I remember. #midlifecrysis?

8 hours ago, RIP-Felix said:

Lunar lander

It's a classic IMO, but dated.  One of the first games I fired up when I first got into MAME.  For years when I was a kid, I had this crazy notion I was going to get an Atari Football one day....it never hurts to dream right.  I nearly beat the skin of my hands playing that game at Shakey's Pizza.

My NES was quickly tossed aside when the SNES came out.  As consoles go, the SNES was the bomb to me....but I eventually found my way back to computers and computer gaming, and so that represented my last foray into the console world until the XBOX.