All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Another day, another carrot

tthurman

They say more units of the SNES classic will ship day 1 then all the NES classics that sold last year. And more of the NES classics will be produced too. So it sounds like they're starting to get the idea. They thought they had a collectable, then realized they had a product. If the rumors are true and the NES classics are going back into production, plus if they do a full run of the SNES classics, then I'll forgive them for their earlier slight. Mistakes are forgivable, if they rectify them.

Hopefully it goes better this round. However, since all the preorders are already gone, I'm dubious the rumors are true. This could just be a rouse to try and discourage the bots from buying up the whole supply. If they believe Nintendo is producing enough to meet demand they will be stuck with inventory they can't scalp for a profit, so they may be discouraged if they believe what Nintendo is saying. Nintendo could just be lying to try and give real people a chance to get one before the bots catch on. I'd check your local stores on release day to get one, for the best chance.

N64 emulation is still in it's infantry on RetroArch, but it's one of the most actively updated cores out. They'll get there before ya know it and RetroPie will dominate.