All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The GameEx Awards 2017

stigzler

GEAwards.png

OK, OK. It doesn't exist yet, but what do you think? 

Here in the UK, the winter draws fast upon us and thought it would be a bit of light relief to have some awards? Only a bit of fun. 

If people like the idea, post some ideas for categories. We could then invite nominations (self or otherwise!) for each, have a bit of voting then announce the winner on New Years day?

Here's some ideas (with examples):

Perseverance in the face of utter disaster (@TerryRed  for his heartbreaking playfield smashing of Summer, 2017)

Member gone bonkers over one aspect of the scene ( @hansolo77  for his obsession with sbc builds, @RIP-Felix for his insanely detailed and fascinating write up on fixing his Atari 2600)

and if we must, some more simplerer categories like:

Most Enthusiastic Newcomer

Media Moghul

Best Theme

Most Helpful

Whatcha think? Apart from "not yet another bloody 'bright idea' from that plonker"

• Like 1

Yup, just start a new topic and choose the poll tab.

Maybe you should make a poll with multiple answers and we can vote on the categories first:

• Best Gamer Rig (we already know the winner of that one..lol)
  • Most helpful tutorial
  • Most Dedicated General Helper
  • Coolest Avatar pic/name/caption
  • The Panultimate GameEX Gargle Blaster DemiGod!
  • And so on...

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎11 at 5:48 PM, tthurman said:

Terry's had more than one round, his hard-drives died, taking everything with them.  That may have been 2016, not sure off the top of my head.

Regardless, he gets my vote for perseverance!

"Most Helpful": Tom sort of has an inside track on this one :D

Most recent: TV screen being crushed my movers...

Over the last year dealing with bed bugs in my previous home while upgrading the cabinet. Completely exhausting. A literal living hell that I hope no one ever has to deal with.

SSD hard drive died and took 6 months of work with it.

Middle screen died right after I got my addressable leds up and running. Had to rebuild my middle bezel,  which means I had to edit ALL of my FP tables, and recreate my middle screen videos....which was done again after topper support was added.

Just waiting for the next thing....    I'm military so I'm used to it now.   :)

On this forum, Tom, Draco, and Carney are definitely up there with most helpful.

1 hour ago, stigzler said:

First world problems, huh Terry? ;)

Mind you... bed bugs...

Yup... my son went on a grade 8 trip, and we think they came back with him in his bag.  We lost most of our furniture, thousands of dollars, and had to spend most of our weekends tearing our house apart to check for them and vaccum,etc... it was horrible.  Worse than any crap I went through in the Army. We're still affected by it....