All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Resolved] PinDMD3 and DOF conflict

Pablo Smiraglia

I have PinDMDv3 working with PinballX. I have just configured a Teensy controller with DOF, and it is working also (using the PF right/left events). Now the catch: they don't work together. If I start PinballX with the Teensy controller plugged to USB, the PinDMD does not work (the controller does). If I start it without the Teensy controller plugged, the PinDMD works fine. Note that:

- PinDMD is on COM3, Teensy on COM 6 (I have tried changing this with same results)

- PinDMD and the Teensy (DOF) work well together on Visual pinball (I have not tried FP, FX2 or other systems yet)

- Once the conflict happens, I have to recover the PinDMD by restarting the PC

Other than configuring dmddevice.ini in PinballX, is there other setting I should keep an eye on ? Is the DOF plugin somehow causing the conflict ? Any ideas on what to look for ? I'll be interested to hear form anyone that has both devices on their setups.

I can provide config and logs if necessary.

thanks.

alright. I figured that PinballX was *not* using dmddevice.dll, but XDMD.dll instead. Looking at by \visual Pinball\XDMD folder, I noticed that I had a pinDMD.ini that was missing from \PinballX\ . Copying pinDMD.ini did the trick. Not PinballX (XDMD.dll actually) finds teh PINDMD3 on COM 3 regardless of teh Teensy being connected or not. 

I guess I missed a configuration step at some point... I remember I had to rename pindmd.dll to pindmd.dll.backup, for XDMD.dll to kick in, but I missed the part of having to either keep or create pindmd.ini, as XDMD.dll uses it

• Pablo Smiraglia changed the title to [Resolved] PinDMD3 and DOF conflict