All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Assembling my Hurricane Irma playlist

Draco1962

I hope your not within 10 feet of sea level. Storm surge is a b!t@h. That and tornado's. Stay safe :(

Oh, I saw this on the news and thought its a good trick. Freeze a cup of water (Regular size cup or coffe mug, about 2.5 - 3 inches diameter + 1 fl cup of water), put a quarter on top of the ice and put it back in your freezer. If you loose power and your fridge thaws you'll know the food's not safe to keep if the quarter is at the bottom of the cup. Good to know, could save you some money and peace of mind, fearing you eat potentially spoiled food. Dysentery is the last thing you need in a disaster. Good luck to you and yours!

I exchanged text's with him this morning, and he indicated they weathered the storm with no major damage, but that power dropped at 7 this morning.  Given the situation, he was probably isolated to the house with limited battery power on his phone, which he was conserving.  Hopefully, they are still doing well, but you know it has to be total shit with the heat and humidity, not to mention everything else going on.

It was uncomfortable watching the news and seeing roads I was walking on down there in the middle of June completely flooded.

• Thanks 1

I  am alive. Hard to sleep with no air movement. Still without power. My daughter has offered for us to sleep at her place but she and her boyfriend only have a 1 bedroom apartment. We also have our pets to consider. My company is stating, so far, thst we will return to work on Wednesday, but I don't know if it will happen due to the flooding which may take days or more to recede. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RedDog said:

I am happy to say that I got word from my neighbors last night that our area did very well and everyone is ok. Power was out for maybe 12 hours.

@Draco1962 Except for the lack of power, did everything else work out ok. No significant damage I hope?

Power was restored a few hours ago with internet and cable following. Have been dealing with the cleanup in the yard. Nothing major, thank God! Glad you are doing OK.

@tthurman - glad to hear your family made it through the storm.