All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

BamBam963

Hi Folks,

I have been plugging away at my cabinet build for some time.  Everything was working harmoniously, but last night when I tried to play VPX, VP9 and VP9 PhysMod5 tables within PBX, I got an error message that stated: "B2S Backglass Server Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Visual_Pinball\Tables\VP9\VP9'."

I surmised this was a global problem, so I went through the usual B2S troubleshooting techniques, but PBX would not launch a table.

I then utilized VPX 10.4, VP9X and VP9 PhysMod5 editors, respectively, to launch the tables.  To my surprise, all tables from each of the three table categories launched with B2S without an issue.

It appears to be gremlins mucking about within PBX from what I see in the error message; which indicates that PBX is looking for an additional sub-directory when it shouldn't be.  For example, I store my tables as follows: "C:\Visual_Pinball\Tables\VPX; C:\Visual_Pinball\Tables\VP9; and C:\Visual_Pinball\Tables\VP9PhysMod5".  I checked my settings within PBX and utilized the navigate button to redirect PBX to look in the proper folders.

I attempted to launch tables from each category (VPX, VP9 and VP9PhysMod5) and got the same error.

What I do notice is that PBX is duplicating the subdirectory for all "Table" folders in each of the categories.  For example, the error for each category indicates it is looking for the tables in folders as noted below:

VPinballX.exe - C:\Visual_Pinball\Tables\VPX\VPX;

VPinball993.exe - C:\Visual_Pinball\Tables\VP9\VP9; and

VPinball99_PhysMod5.exe - C:\Visual_Pinball\Tables\VP9PhysMod5\VP9PhysMod5"

I have attached a copy of my PinballX.ini file and Log.txt file in hopes that someone might be able to offer up some advice.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

John

Capture.PNG

log.txt

PinballX.ini

It tries to launch and then a blank window pops up on the desktop.  When I check the Task Manager, it looks like the Steam Bootstrap is the offender.  I can only end the process within Task Manager.  I am able to launch the tables without issue directly through the Steam Client.  I have my databases separate for each table classs e.g. Star Wars, Zen, Fox, etc.  I do not have a master datbase for PinballFX2 as  a whole.