All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex crashes after update on start

MoggFanatic

On 5.9.2017 at 0:27 AM, Draco1962 said:

Please try downloading GameEx and running the install locally and report back whether or not it works. Thanks  

I did install it locally now but the error is exactly the same, some more suggestions please? i also did a clean install and gameex is working then but is without my setup.

UPDATE: i did a clean install then did copy over gameex files but did not overwrite anything then did copy the gameex.ini over and now it does work

the error is in the data folder, when i copy the old data folder to the new installation the error occurs. what are the main files that i need to transfer to have my mame setup? because now i dont have any games in my mame and when i update it does not find any roms. the other emulators are working

46 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Can you please attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review again? Thanks. 

Here are my files,

i did check all the entries in the mame setup in the wizard like  the rom location and the mame exe location and also if the catver.ini etc. is in place but i could not find the error why gameex is not finding my mame  roms, is this because i did copy over my gameex.ini from the other installation? what files do i need from my last installation so that the mame games are present again? i also tried that mame should show every mame game without looking for my roms and its still not showing up anything

GameEx.ini

log.txt

again i did a clean install of gameex, then only put my old gameex.ini in it and downloaded the databasefiles with the repository updater. i started gameex and tried to update mame but it is not updating my games. it writes updating done after a second but there are no games present. the paths in the mame setup are 100% correct.  what are the necessary files that gameex needs to build the mame section?

8 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

The MAME update issue is fixed in 14.90.

I just updated it.

Thanks for the quick fix!

i need the following things in my new gameex installation from my old gameex version that's malfunctioning:

Mame not played
Most Played
Favorites

what are the names of the files i need to transfer?

Thanks again