All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Website builder for dummies?

RIP-Felix

Hey, I know some of you are web developers/IT pros. My sister is planning to start her own bookkeeping business and wants to build a website, but she has NO experience with web development. I know there are some companies that have website builders with templates you can choose from and personalize. I thought I'd ask you guys for some suggestions where she should check out. She was looking at taking classes from the local community college before I told her she didn't have to be a web developer to create a website, although she could hire one. IDK, maybe that's worth it?

13 hours ago, stigzler said:

I use siteground. Cheap, flexible and easy. She may benefit from using WordPress

+1 for WordPress.  It's mostly designed for people who want to start a blog or something.  Supposed to be easy and reliable.  I went the hard way and set up a website from scratch using Macromedia Dreamweaver (I think Adobe owns them now?).  I then uploaded my site through FTP to Geocities.  They were a free webhost back in the day.  I don't even know if my site still exists or not.. Maybe I'll look now...

LOL!! Found it.  Web address changed, but good'ol Google knew where it went.  Don't judge, it as back in 2002 when I was just a kid.
http://www.geocities.ws/hansolo77.geo/

• Like 1

Haaa! That's dope Han! I never used a public place like that, and can't even remember where I put my first site or what it was for even.

I'd have to dig around and see.  I can almost guarantee I no longer have any of it.  They were in a box in the garage, then we moved over here to the condo, then we had that fire.  I don't think the box survived because it was archaic stuff at the time.  400mhz AMD Pentiums? :)  And fat-plug keyboards, not even PS2 yet, let alone that new fangled tech called USB.  ISA expansion slots, external modems connecting to a communications port, a CD-Rom requiring it's own controller card.  LOL.  Even MB Rams...  Good times though.  I was learning about computers even then, and knew so much more than people getting A+ certs do now.  The only thing holding me back was that dreaded test with no promise of passing.  That, and I knew nothing about Mac (still don't really know anything about iOS or their hardware).

• 3 weeks later...