All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Startup Video on 2nd Monitor possible?

djjoke

Startup videos appear on the main monitor (playfield) only. This has been submitted as a feature request to have it on the backglass.  

If the author can implement this without detriment in performance elsewhere and has time to do so, then it may happen. 

There are 9:16 videos available on the PinballX FTP but you must have a membership to access them for download. Google search may also turn up some videos as well as checking about some of the pinball sites.

Editing the video is a solution if the content is so important that you can live with letterboxing or make some choices on editing.

If that's not tolerable and you don't want to wait for the feature to be added (I have no idea if intro video support for multiple screens will ever be added. Not my call.)

1. PinballX itself can be used oriented in landscape or portrait mode. Default key is "R" for rotating the screen. I don't know if that has any effect on how videos are played back.

2. Where there is a will there is a way. PinballX supports external bat or AutoHotkey script launch at startup. I think it is possible to code a script that uses VLC or ffmpeg to play a video on your backglass screen. I'll leave the task for you to complete. I have no interest in writing up something like this. Intro video just takes time away from the playing of pinball! If I want to watch a movie I'll fire up Netflix on my TV. No need to object. I know there are people who say that the video somehow completes the cab or whatever.