All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

"Allow game launch?" Steam Issue Starting Tables

Stexe

You've got to be kidding me...I just logged on to tell everyone how I found a working workaround with cabinet support that does away with Steam altogether and now there is a fix!  I wanted to be the hero lol. :)  Missed it by "that" much! :)

If anyone is interested, I finally found a version that doesn't require Steam, works on Windows 7 (all versions of Windows, actually), and has full cabinet support.  You will still need a code to unlock cabinet support but if you still have your old one, it will work.

I can't say publicly where I got the file, but if you purchased the software like I did (I purchased/licensed every single game legally and do NOT support pirating software of any kind) then PM me and I'll give you the link if that's allowed.

If that's not allowed, just know there is a version out there that works so you don't have to fool with Steam any more.

Even though there is a beta out now, I'm perfectly happy with my stand alone version and plan to keep it just as it is.

Thanks,

--J

5 minutes ago, jevansoh said:

You've got to be kidding me...I just logged on to tell everyone how I found a working workaround with cabinet support that does away with Steam altogether and now there is a fix!  I wanted to be the hero lol. :)  Missed it by "that" much! :)

So sorry :D !

I have to test the new beta by myself, before I can confirm, that it works.

But since it is early in the morning here, I first have to slowly activate my old tired eyes before ;)

That's good news.

Can anyone give me a reason why I should go back to the Steam version?  With the stand alone version with cabinet support I have right now, I won't ever have to worry about whether or not they implement any feature I don't want or break something again.

I suppose the downside, the only one I can think of at the moment, is that I won't know when any new games are released but I can always just go look every now and again.

Any other reason why I should switch back?

Thanks,

--J

14 minutes ago, jevansoh said:

That's good news.

Can anyone give me a reason why I should go back to the Steam version?  With the stand alone version with cabinet support I have right now, I won't ever have to worry about whether or not they implement any feature I don't want or break something again.

I suppose the downside, the only one I can think of at the moment, is that I won't know when any new games are released but I can always just go look every now and again.

Any other reason why I should switch back?

Thanks,

--J

Online score. Cloud saves. Achievements. Bug fixes.

If you don't care about those then probably not.

Hmmm... I didn't think about all that.  I don't care personally about online score, cloud saves, or achievements.  I guess as long as all my tables are working, there aren't any bugs to fix that I'm aware of, but maybe I should put it back to just be safe.

What do you think?  What would you do?

2 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Reminder not to break the forum rules and talk about warez etc. Warnings coming next.

There's no Warez or anything...It's a free program.  It's just where I found it available for WIndows 7 is questionable which is why I didn't mention it.  Would you prefer I just delete my post entirely?  I honestly don't want to break any rules.  If someone were to contact me via PM to ask me where I got it, would it be ok to answer?  I honestly don't know the rules on that.  I'm trying to be careful to comply and am just trying to help folks out.  Please forgive me if I did infringe on any rules and I'll be even more careful in the future.

Thanks,

--J

9 minutes ago, jevansoh said:

Hmmm... I didn't think about all that.  I don't care personally about online score, cloud saves, or achievements.  I guess as long as all my tables are working, there aren't any bugs to fix that I'm aware of, but maybe I should put it back to just be safe.

What do you think?  What would you do?

I'm keeping it online because I like comparing my score and other people's scores to the highest scores in the world. Although I do think some of those people cheat (getting billions of points), but getting a score in the top 100 is pretty thrilling. Plus, Steam has other features like streaming gameplay and the cloud save makes sure all the data will not be lost. Finally, Pinball FX3 promises to have more online functionality and stuff. So I figure I should keep the same set up to be compatible with Pinball FX3.

2 minutes ago, Stexe said:

I'm keeping it online because I like comparing my score and other people's scores to the highest scores in the world. Although I do think some of those people cheat (getting billions of points), but getting a score in the top 100 is pretty thrilling. Plus, Steam has other features like streaming gameplay and the cloud save makes sure all the data will not be lost. Finally, Pinball FX3 promises to have more online functionality and stuff. So I figure I should keep the same set up to be compatible with Pinball FX3.

I guess you're right.  Well, that was a lot of work and a LOT of time spent for nothing lol.

How do I go about getting the beta fix?  Is it an automatic update?

Thanks,

--J

5 minutes ago, jevansoh said:

I guess you're right.  Well, that was a lot of work and a LOT of time spent for nothing lol.

How do I go about getting the beta fix?  Is it an automatic update?

Thanks,

--J

Not for nothing. Hopefully you learned something in the process of doing it such that in the future you'll have a better idea of how to fix it in the future.

I'll have to check out the new beta build and see if it works for me too.

5 hours ago, Ginsonic said:

@hlr53: You're welcome !

Correct !

No, if you doubleclicked the AHK you did not compile it, you actually started it ! To compile, please click with right mouse button, then choose "compile script". This creates the EXE file.

Yes, it definitely has ! Please remove the trailing backslash from the Variable "steamPath" in settings.ini, then it should work !

steamPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\"  ->  steamPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam"

Das macht nichts after all that work! Still gonna play with AHK. I'm sure we will need it again

FX2 launching fine. As luck would have it, Micro$oft decided to install the Founders edition in my cab. That took awhile. My DMDv3 is not working on FX2 now. Works fine on FP, PBA and VP. The DMDs are back on the tables again so I will have to figure that out. Like FX2 reset to the original default install? I NEED to start writing this stuff down on what I did last time?

EDIT 8 Sep 17 DMD working again. For some reason my DMD dimensions got zeroed in FX2.