All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Win10 Creators Update Breaks PinballX DMD video playback. PinballX stopped playing the "no real DMD" video for Pinball FX2

KiwiBri

Hi,

I have had PinballX working fine with Visual Pinball 10.3.1 and Pinball FX2.  Today I noticed that the VPX ROM videos play fine in pinballX , but the default "No Real DMD" video has stopped playing . I have read through forum posts and cannot figure out what maybe causing it not to not play the video. I have tried to assign videos for the PinballFx2 tables, but none of them play. 

I am running the following:

Windows 10
Pin2DMD (real DMD) which works fine in for PinballFx2 and VPX, just not in PinballX
PinballX 2.36

Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Please attach a copy of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files for review in reply to this thread for the issue reported. Thanks!

Sorry, forgot about them. I have attached them. 

I use 2 screens - Main playfield display and a backglass screen. Pin2DMD for DMD.

While trying to figure out the issue, I also installed the LAV codec files from the main home page link with default options.  One thing I did notice when trying to debug the issue was when I first saw this issue (No DMD default video for PinballFx2) I then started the game and noticed the DMD wasn't being displayed. I had to go to the PinballFx2 options and Set the size of the DMD screen again in Cabinet mode options and then the Pin2DMD showed the DMD during game play.

Also note, I turned off the option to play the PinMame ROM and tried to have PinballX play DMD Videos for Visual Pinball and that didn't work. If I turn that option back on, then it will play the DMD video from the Roms .

log.txt

PinballX.ini

UPDATE:  Issue Solved.!!!

I was reading some other threads here. While working on my Vpin last week and testing the new tables I was installing (VPX) I had a windows update. I didnt realise it was the Windows Creator's Update. (Version 1703).   See here on how to check what version of Windows 10 you are running ( http://tunecomp.net/check-if-windows-10-creators-update-is-installed-or-not/ )

I rolled back to Version version 1607, and the DMD Video's are playing again in PinballX. 

@Tom Speirs @Draco1962 hopefully you can take a look and see why PinballX is failing the DMD video playback with  Windows Creators Update.

thanks!  

Now, to get back to setiing up my PinballX :-)  time to Subscribe to the FTP here 

cheers

• KiwiBri changed the title to Win10 Creators Update Breaks PinballX DMD video playback. PinballX stopped playing the "no real DMD" video for Pinball FX2

It might be something other than the Creators update.  I'm running Win10 Creators update and the latest PinballX and my DMD's (minus a small problem with NVidia GeForce Experience) are playing just fine.  Maybe check that Windows Game mode is off and GeForce Experience options are all off.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KiwiBri said:

UPDATE:  Issue Solved.!!!

I was reading some other threads here. While working on my Vpin last week and testing the new tables I was installing (VPX) I had a windows update. I didnt realise it was the Windows Creator's Update. (Version 1703).   See here on how to check what version of Windows 10 you are running ( http://tunecomp.net/check-if-windows-10-creators-update-is-installed-or-not/ )

I rolled back to Version version 1607, and the DMD Video's are playing again in PinballX. 

@Tom Speirs @Draco1962 hopefully you can take a look and see why PinballX is failing the DMD video playback with  Windows Creators Update.

thanks!  

Now, to get back to setiing up my PinballX :-)  time to Subscribe to the FTP here 

cheers

Not sure this is a global issue. My DMD video playback is just fine and I have the 1703 update. You may want to refer to this post about how to potentially remedy issues that have surfaced as a result of this quite comprehensive Win 10 update.

• Like 1

I do not have a real DMD, however, many in our community do and if there was a conflict with PinballX and the Win 10 Creators update, we would have been swamped when it was released several months ago.

Thus far issues have been minimal for both PinballX and GameEx following the Creators update and some have been resolved by following the suggestions in the referenced post.

• Like 1