All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex Arcade Edition Display Background Mode

TAS1981

Hi All

I had a search and could not find anything specific to Arcade Edition. I can setup video themes but as they are a little slow to load I would prefer to use MAME backgrounds and the video and snap. 

I cant see any where in the advanced setup menu to set display background art work nor can I see a place to enter the path? Its video themes or nothing? Is that correct or am I missing something?

Tom

There is very little you can do with changing Theme settings for GameEx Arcade. It is designed to have many of the settings you would find in the standard GameEx decided for you. While that makes certain aspects of the setup much easier, it also means you do not have as much flexibility.

There is a minor-hacky solution for it though. Find the GameEx\Themes\Default - Default folder. In it you will find a bak.mp4 file. This is the video used for the background. If you rename it to something else, GameEx Arcade will isntead use the bak.png file in the same folder as the background. Besides giving you a bit more pep in GUI, you can also change out the bak.png for a different image if you like. Now, I have not fully explored this myself, so there may be some other unexpected adjustments that will need to be made (but I can't think of anything offhand).

The other solution is to spend some time with the standard GameEx so you can get exactly what you want and then transition over to it instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Red Dog - I used to use full GameEx and moved to this as it was less cluttered and met most of my requirements without messing with the many many custom settings of full gameex.

Incidentally as a paying member am I supposed to be able to get Alpha release Gameex Evo? When I tried looking last time the link had been removed and / or it was not found? I see reference to people having it but I can't for the life of me see it anywhere?!

The alpha phase is over and the alpha version removed from the download section. 

When the beta is available we will announce it and place it in the downloads same as before.