All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] MAME 188

morgoth32

Hi, I don't know if something has been updated from MAME or GameEX.

I stull run the GameEX 14.79 and with the new MAME 188 after refreshing my list shows 5288 available instead of + or - 1200.

Does someone updated to MAME 188 today or it's because of the old GameEx version ?

I've also noticed now the category list shows console, computers and some more now.

Something is not adding up. You mentioned MAME 0.188 but, look at the following from the log.txt and tell me what you see:

15:49:52.6  26/07/2017:  Updating MAME Game List
15:49:52.6  26/07/2017:  Running: I: I:\mame 179\mame64.exe -listxml > C:\Users\titou\AppData\Local\Temp\listinfo.dat
15:50:30.1  26/07/2017:  Opening Listinfo.dat
15:50:31.6  26/07/2017:  Reading ListInfo.dat
15:51:03.4  26/07/2017:  Reading ListInfo.dat - DONE
15:51:03.4  26/07/2017:  Total verifyable roms: 0
15:51:03.4  26/07/2017:  Processing ListInfo.dat
15:51:47.9  26/07/2017:  Listinfo.dat Processing Complete

GameEx.ini shows:

MAMEPath=I:\mame 179
MAMEEXE=mame64.exe
ROMPath=I:\mame 179\Roms
StartWait=False

I know when I update my MAME and ROMS that I change the paths to the new MAME in GameEx as well. Are you sure that you are pointing to the correct mame.exe and ROM paths?

What does the listinfo.dat look like if you generate your own directly from MAME using that command line?

I:\mame 179\mame64.exe -listxml > C:\ListInfo.dat

Mine takes longer than 30 seconds to generate, that seems suspect to me but may not be.

11 hours ago, Adultery said:

What does the listinfo.dat look like if you generate your own directly from MAME using that command line?

I:\mame 179\mame64.exe -listxml > C:\ListInfo.dat

Mine takes longer than 30 seconds to generate, that seems suspect to me but may not be.

I'm unable to generate a listinfo.dat in the "C" (my windows) hdd. The CMD always says access denied. However I have no problem to create one in my others hdds. The file generated weights 194 mb.

Seems windows and me are more problematic than GameEX.

Is your MAME.exe set to "Run as administrator" in the file properties?

Based upon your response, you were able to create the listinfo.dat file on your I:\ drive or other drives, correct?

Maybe also try changing the output path to the one GameEx is trying to write to and see if it works?

4 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Is your MAME.exe set to "Run as administrator" in the file properties?

Based upon your response, you were able to create the listinfo.dat file on your I:\ drive or other drives, correct?

Yes I tried as Admin. All UAC prompts are disabled on this pc.

And I can create a listinfo.dat into GameEX directory.

1 hour ago, Adultery said:

Maybe also try changing the output path to the one GameEx is trying to write to and see if it works?

I just did a bat with "mame64.exe -listxml > C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\listinfo.dat" (same path as the log) and the access isn't denied this time but it runs since 30 minutes and didn't finish yet.

But look at the log:

15:50:30.1  26/07/2017:  Opening Listinfo.dat
15:50:31.6  26/07/2017:  Reading ListInfo.dat
15:51:03.4  26/07/2017:  Reading ListInfo.dat - DONE
15:51:03.4  26/07/2017:  Total verifyable roms: 0

And this:

15:51:48.4  26/07/2017:  Adding History.dat info to gamelist
15:52:07.5  26/07/2017:  Writing MAME Game List To File
15:53:10.4  26/07/2017:  Writing MAME Game List To File
15:53:33.1  26/07/2017:  Adding History.dat Series info to gamelist
15:53:50.9  26/07/2017:  Adding MAMEInfo.dat info to gamelist
16:57:19.6  26/07/2017:  Adding History.dat Series info to gamelist 2
16:57:19.7  26/07/2017:  Adding MAMEInfo.dat info to gamelist 2

I don't have any gamelist 2 in the data folder.

edit: I don't understand why but the listinfo.dat in the app data folder is 0kb...

In your GameEX.ini find options it's sending to MAME

MameOptions=-skip_gameinfo -priority 1 -numprocessors 8

I'd remove all of that and see if it helps anything. By default -numprocessors is set to auto in mame.ini and default option for priority is already 1

Also, I notice you have nothing listed for X/Y resolution

Xresolution=
Yresolution=

Mine is set to 800X600

I prefer to have all the .dat and .ini stuff dumped in the same location as mame64.exe

J:\MAME

inside MAME folder

listinfo.dat

history.dat

mameinfo.dat

all the ini files ...

4 hours ago, B2K24 said:

In your GameEX.ini find options it's sending to MAME

MameOptions=-skip_gameinfo -priority 1 -numprocessors 8

I'd remove all of that and see if it helps anything. By default -numprocessors is set to auto in mame.ini and default option for priority is already 1

Also, I notice you have nothing listed for X/Y resolution

Xresolution=
Yresolution=

Mine is set to 800X600

I prefer to have all the .dat and .ini stuff dumped in the same location as mame64.exe

J:\MAME

inside MAME folder

listinfo.dat

history.dat

mameinfo.dat

all the ini files ...

Not detrimental, but good practice, agreed.

Thanks @B2K24 for your advices but MAME is only launched once within the frontend with the command line to create the listinfo.dat.

The games I have in my ROMS folder launch without issues. I won't launch my roms at 800x600 as I have the widescreen artworks packs, leaving this empty let me run games through my desktop resolution.

The MAME option with numprocessor actually help when I launch some 3d games whose actually don't run fullspeed.

These settings are optionals preferences and don't interfere with the roms audits.

However I agree with you about the dats. There's probably a conflict here.

8 hours ago, morgoth32 said:

I won't launch my roms at 800x600 as I have the widescreen artworks packs, leaving this empty let me run games through my desktop resolution.

I believe that option is what GameEX runs at and you can always maximize into full screen. It has nothing to do with MAME or how it launches games.

Are you using custom lists, or is this just default?

That's a default path for sure.

Hi, some months ago I tried to use a custom list, in this case the genre.ini from progetto snaps however It didn't work because I didn't know I had to refresh my roms within GameEX.

I can now confirm the genre.ini works with GameEx but caused this roms audit trouble.

So I audited my roms without the custom list first to get a correct gamelist.txt and saved it on my desktop. Then I had to do a second audit with the genre.ini and replaced the wrong gamelist.txt.

Headache is over.