All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] control problem

rlswick

Awhile back my computer die so I replace it,the one I replace it with didn't have old style keyboard hookup

so I bought a usb cord that the purple connection,plugged everthing up now I notice a few games like digdug,burgertime the character will move a little ways and stop for a milisec

Has anyone ever have this problem? games like pacman,canival and all the shooters play perfect.

Sometimes connecting with the PS2 to USB adapters can be a little dodgy. Do you have another keyboard that is straight USB that you can test with? They are not that expensive to obtain.

Doh completely read over the IPAC part, sp scratch that.......must have had too much hot sauce with dinner last night.

My IPAC is ancient, and also has PS2 inputs.

As Draco mentioned, if you have a USB keyboard, and it solves the issue, then that is going to be your easiest solution. 

In the long run, the best solution is to completely replace any legacy PS/2 devices -- but in the few instances where this simply isn't possible, it's wise to do some research.

If you simply cannot part ways with the keyboard, then your best bet is to try other convertors. and hope you dig up one that works properly.

Edited by tthurman

If the issue is with the PS2 connector on the IPAC,  have you contacted the manufacturer? I do not use one so not sure what your recourse is at this point, but wish you luck in finding a solution.

I'll post this down here so it doesn't get lost in my previous oblivious blabbering that resulted from my reading over "IPAC" :blush:

Try wiring your set up differently, and take the keyboard out of line.  I too tried what it sounds like  your doing, that is until Jack over at Arcades-R-Fun said to try otherwise. 

Cable your IPAC directly to a USB port, and mine also features a ps2 input, one that I used one of those adapters to convert (which my IPAC came with).

Then run your keyboard directly to your PC on another USB input.

Give this a read, a link to the manufacturer converter cable is in there!

• 3 weeks later...