All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Upgraded to GameEX 14.82 - Custom Menus, Now all Games Bundled together

Palmore

I just recently booted up the old faithful (I've been rebuilding it the past few months) and upgraded to GameEX 14.82 (it was current prior, so no large version leap).

I soon noticed all of my games for each system are listed together. I.e. when I goto the Nintendo Custom Menu, I have all the systems, NES, SNES, N64 etc. yet no matter what option I choose, they all now list all games. 

Before NES under Nintendo would just be of course NES games, same for SNES etc, but every option I choose loads every game for every Nintendo console. The same goes for the remaining options such as Sega etc.

I am noticing a lot of the following in my logs. (attached)

21:14:25.1  7/23/2017:  Not Restoring Emulator Database From Cache: 25
21:14:25.1  7/23/2017:  String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
21:14:25.1  7/23/2017:     at System.DateTimeParse.ParseExactMultiple(String s, String[] formats, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles style)

Thank you

log.txt

2 hours ago, Palmore said:

I soon noticed all of my games for each system are listed together. I.e. when I goto the Nintendo Custom Menu, I have all the systems, NES, SNES, N64 etc. yet no matter what option I choose, they all now list all games.

I'm gonna be devil's advocate here, but GameEx won't do that, unless you told it to. It does not group 'Nintendo' systems at all, Sega or anything else. I'm gonna leave you in the capable hands of Draco.

I would suggest you update immediately.

Open your gameex.ini in Notepad and hit CTRL+F. Type EmulatorGroup and click OK. You should see several entries where you have EmulatorGroup_x enabled. Below is an example:

[EmulatorGroup_4]
Enabled=
True
STARTPAGENAME=SEGA Systems
TITLETEXT=SEGA Systems
StartPageLogo=Sega
Emulators=24;25;26;27;28;29;30
ShowUnderEmulators=False
[EmulatorGroup_3]
Enabled=True
STARTPAGENAME=Nintendo Systems
TITLETEXT=Nintendo Systems
StartPageLogo=Nintendo
Emulators=14;15;16;17;18;19;20;21;22;23
ShowUnderEmulators=False

You will notice that Enabled=True. Change True to False within each EmulatorGroup section in the gameex.ini and then save it. Let us know if this resolves your issue.

6 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Open your gameex.ini in Notepad and hit CTRL+F. Type EmulatorGroup and click OK. You should see several entries where you have EmulatorGroup_x enabled. Below is an example

You will notice that Enabled=True. Change True to False within each EmulatorGroup section in the gameex.ini and then save it. Let us know if this resolves your issue.

That looks like it did the trick.

Kinda odd because prior to upgrading there was no issue, but after the upgrade I noticed it. Either way, she's purring like a Kitten and working as expected.

Thank you!