All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Startup issue

rcholer83

Hello guys, I have a strange issue that happens every now and than when I attempt to start my pinball cabinet I built. I have a .bat file that I use as a replacement for Windows Shell. Pinball.bat which launches PinballX and NoSleep.exe. Sometimes when I turn on my machine it will show the PinballX gray screen and than go to a black screen and stays there. This doesn't always happen 100% of the time. I read through the forums and tried a fix that was posted here which was the Sleep.exe program which will count to ten before attempting to launch PinballX. Once I implemented the Sleep.exe I no longer had this issue. I'm wondering if it was just an issue of PinballX trying to load at the same time as Windows is loading some startup files? I've included my Config and Error Log.

log.txt

PinballX.ini

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late response - things move fast and some posts slip through the cracks as it were. Have you attempted a delayed start of PinballX in your startup batch file? From what you are describing, it could be that PinballX was indeed trying to load at the same time as other programs. I have seen this where Steam is set to load on Windows Start and if there is an update, cause an occasional conflict with another application trying to load simultaneously. 

It does sound as if you have resolved the issue. 

On 7/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, rcholer83 said:

Once I implemented the Sleep.exe I no longer had this issue.