All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Does anyone else use a 4K TV or Monitor

KRC

So I purchased a new Philips 49" 4K UHD HDR TV, set my desktop resolution to 4K and most games at 1080p with a few at 4K.

The results are fantastic and even the GameEx software at 1920x1080 which is what I set it at looks incredible. (I think there is some sort of upscaling involved)

Ill have to upload some images.

Anyone else using a 4K TV or monitor.

Keep in mind that those of us in the 1920x1080 world will not be able to view the awesomeness of 4K images or video until we upgrade! B) 

We'll just have to take your word for it! :P

Obviously for some its a big upgrade, but others dont feel the need to upgrade as 1080p is plenty.

But I was shocked and how much better it is.

I did test your Blue Neon theme at 1080p on my 4K TV and that was A Grade stuff, the same with my Carbon Metallic theme. Also GameEx AE looks great as well.

I have seen the in-store demos for the 4K displays and likely that is the direction we will go for the living room as they are spectacular. I have a 40" Sammy 1080P in my office and my wife is eyeing a 32" for hers as we really don't need anything with higher resolution at this time.

As I narrowed displays down to the X800D for the showcase and play-field on ToddZilla, I held off on the displays as long as I could.  They are quickly going out of stock everywhere, and the since the end of the  model  year sale I hoped for never happened, I bit the bullet a little over a week ago.  Spent the weekend getting the first one up and running, and it's no doubt amazing the difference.  Soon as I have time I'm going to have to hook up the XBOX I modded to it, and see how it up-scales over the component input, but the initial indications are it will look pretty much incredible.

As I was doing my morning walk I saw a Samsung 28 UHD monitor.  I'll be looking to replace my aging Dell 2008WFP 24 with something along those lines after seeing the difference.  I always expected there would be a difference, but I wasn't quite expecting it to be this significant.