All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need rotate and dmdext for PBA script help?

ruebsy

I've finally got around to playing with the free camera mod but now I'm also wanting dmdext to run. I'm already using pinballx to launch irotate to and from PBA while using the mod exe to launch it and The PBA exe. What would be the smoothest way to get something to call up dmdext with my parameters? Maybe an ahk that calls it and the camera mod shortcut? Can anyone help me with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what your parameters look like. If you just need an example script you can look at mine. I haven't really put it to the test though. I hardly ever run TPA and I'm considering just dumping it because I need the space for better stuff.

This would be something that I run as a custom system. I don't use the integrated support.

dc2 is the program I use for rotating the display prior to launching FCM. Good luck.

LaunchTPA.ahk

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:37 AM, Carny_Priest said:

I don't know what your parameters look like. If you just need an example script you can look at mine. I haven't really put it to the test though. I hardly ever run TPA and I'm considering just dumping it because I need the space for better stuff.

This would be something that I run as a custom system. I don't use the integrated support.

dc2 is the program I use for rotating the display prior to launching FCM. Good luck.

LaunchTPA.ahk

I appreciate the help. This ones way over my head along with your script...lol.

I am more or less looking for a way to build an exe that will launch my dmdext with

dmdext mirror --source=pinballarcade --virtual-position=3000 500 1600 400 --quit-when-done

-and combine that with also launching my FCM exe kinda like

C:\NOEX_Mod\TPAFreeCamMod.exe

Havent a clue how to make something to do it. Anyone?

• 1 month later...

Here is a 'brief' explanation of what I have, let me know if you are still having problems and I can go into more detail...I've skipped the TPA, Steam setup parts, and info around the particulars of my setup (e.g. file locations, my monitor resolutions) and just describe launching from PBX and my script.

1. I have TPA set up as an Other System in the PBX setup.  I have attached my settings page.  Basically it launches a AHK script that rotates my monitor, launches DMDext, and then FCM.  I compiled the script into an .exe, run it as administrator.

2. My StartPBA script actually launches another AHK script that is responsible for doing setup with the rotate and DMDext script and then at the end when done launches a script that rotates back and ends DMDext.  I did this because if something got wonky (especially when initially setting up) I could just launch the EndPBASupport script to set things back right.

3. One other thing to note, I use antimicro to map one of my cabinet control keys to the letter "q" which the script is monitoring for to end PBA.  One other part of the script is responsible for recording the table I played in PBX so when that gets re-launched at the end, it goes back to the right table.  So this part of the script will also be customized based on what Other System # you have defined for TPA in PBX settings.  And one final note, I also use this same script to launch from just a Start Menu/Desktop shortcut - so that is why you see some of the if statements in the script that is checking for a run-time parameter attached to the script .exe (PBX launches with it, short-cut doesn't) so it won't do something things based on that.

4. Regarding the start and end support scripts...in the start one you will see how I launch DMDext, based on your screen setup, it will vary (I rotate my monitor before playing TPA so the settings in there assume the primary monitor is rotated first which shifts the x/y of my DMD monitor).  A note about the end support script, the only way I could kill the DMDext console was by doing that PostMessage call, the usual AHK Close commands I couldn't get to work for some reason.

Hopefully this helps, if you need more detail let me know.  It was a long slog to get this working right with TPA, FCM, and PBX but I'm pretty happy with it now (and the actual FCM camera settings took a while to get just right).  I know there were some postings around actually having PBX take advantage of the FCM capability to direct launch a table so when that happens this might be overkill.

But then again with all of the great VPX tables out there, I rarely play TPA table if they have a VPX implementation.  Unfortunately Black Rose and Creature from the Black Lagoon are some of my favorites and there aren't VPX implementations yet.

TPA.PNG

StartPBA.ahk

StartPBASupport.ahk

EndPBASupport.ahk