All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Launch file with Steam Game?

Black Mage

Hey @Black Mage,

If GameEx Arcade works at all like GameEx proper then no, you can't. Steam, Uplay etc are all plug n play, which basically means they can be launched, media and info gathered, but they cannot be manipulated. (to the extent that you want)

You can manipulate them however, but within Steam itself (using your scripts) ;)

Why couldn't you just use the QuickLaunch plugin for this? You can do before, after or also launch for Steam (or any emulator for that matter)

On 20/07/2017 at 1:56 AM, Draco1962 said:

You may be able to setup Steam to run as a standalone emulator slot. There is a pinned topic in the FAQ section  of the forums you can use as a guide.

20 hours ago, Adultery said:

Why couldn't you just use the QuickLaunch plugin for this? You can do before, after or also launch for Steam (or any emulator for that matter)

He/she can, under both of your pretenses. And it may well work. To start with. But what when your library becomes over 200 entries? Not including game updates as well as GameEx itself. The issue the OP is highlighting is the limitations of Steam itself, not the mechanisms of GameEx.

Fair point, but the OP asked specifically about "Also Launch", which while not supported in the GameEx GUI, is in the QuickLaunch plugin. [emoji41]