All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

There are Game Rooms, and then there are really incredible Game Rooms.

tthurman

One of the things I miss about being married to my ex-wife: We lived in my grandmother's old house. She left my mother a duplex and mom refused to rent to anyone so while we lived on the first floor the upstairs apartment was vacant. I approached her and said I wanted to use the upstairs as well. Just had to turn on the electric in my name.

For 3 years I had an entire apartment dedicated to gaming. I watched the Patriots win their first Super Bowl up there. I had friends that spent the weekend - didn't even have to go home.

It wasn't decorated like the rooms you linked BUT it was the place to be on the weekends. I had posters on the wall depending on which room we were in.

The double parlor was split. One side was the LAN where we played EverQuest, Unreal and StarCraft together. We all had barebones PCs with drives (like $300) and left them up there. All told we had 4 player spots. The 2nd room was set up with (then) current systems(SNES, N64, Dreamcast, Playstation), the stereo system and large screen tv. We also splurged on a new foldout couch for friends staying over. The kitchen had all our board and card games like Space Hulk, Scrabble and Magic the Gathering. The stove and fridge were also connected. (I remember one time we had a pizza building party! The entire kitchen had tv trays set up with toppings. That was so much fun.) One bedroom had all the classic systems connected (Atari, Intellivision, ColecoVision and NES). The 2nd bedroom was my library. Probably had 8 bookcases full of books lining the walls with a couple of recliners.

I miss that place so much. ^_^ I may still have some pics someplace. Not sure anymore. Was 2004 when I got divorced and my mother sold the house. (I agreed to it - she didn't just sell it out from under me.)

• Like 1