All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Feature request

senseless

A majority of the media files are currently duplicates to support the various pinball systems on my cab (visual pinball/visual pinball x/pinball arcade etc). Especially for backglass and topper videos this duplication has quite an impact of available storage on my ssd.

Request: can PinballX also have a generic media folder that you can activate for multiple pinball systems and share media content? 

5 hours ago, senseless said:

A majority of the media files are currently duplicates to support the various pinball systems on my cab (visual pinball/visual pinball x/pinball arcade etc). Especially for backglass and topper videos this duplication has quite an impact of available storage on my ssd.

Request: can PinballX also have a generic media folder that you can activate for multiple pinball systems and share media content? 

Also, you may make Feature Requests here in the dedicated thread.

• Like 1

I do not understand the reason for using the main media folders to put symbolic links instead of putting the medias directly.

PinballX could search first in system folders (Media / Visual Pinball / Backglass Videos) if there is empty go to the main folder, if there is empty too the display default media.

For the user it would be much easier to put the matching medias in the main folders and the specific ones within their corresponding system.

The Backglass, Topper, DMD, Table Audio, Launch Audio and even the video table, can be the same for Visual, Future and Pinball Arcade.

It would save several GB without complicating the user.

I think it would be the best update of PinballX.

• Like 1