All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DreamGear Arcade Fighter stick

ClassicGMR

OK so according to all the reviews online this stick is crap for long-term use.

Having said that I have had one new in box for years now. My wife's son bought it for me for Christmas thinking a geeky controller for your video games. He found it at a Job Lot for $5 and grabbed it for me. Good kid. :) I plugged it in once to my PC and since it didn't work as a USB controller I put it away. I have had a PS3 all along but I like the stock PS3 controllers.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was trying to clean out my closet so I can get some cash to pay for the oil tank I had to go waaaaaaay into debt to replace. (Tank's in the house but now I still owe a ton of money on it. Bleh.) Sold off my PSOne collection and an Arcadia Quest Kickstarter I ordered that I never opened. I found this stick in the back of the closet and thought I'd look it up on eBay. Only one for sale and it's $45. Looking at the history it has been $45 for many relists now so I assume it has no real value. I was about to toss it into the Closet of Holding again and figured I'd see if anything had been done about using it for a PC. I found this article which led me to this site.

It took me 5 minutes to download the tool and install. It took 5 minutes only because I didn't notice that there are drop down menus during install and you actually have to pick "PS3 Dual Shock controller" under "Choose DualShock 3 Controllers to Install" before you tell it to install... so I had to uninstall and do it again. It works. I played Atari, MAME, Nintendo... the stick works well. I can see what all the bad press is about but as a casual controller I really like it! It is by no means perfect - the joystick could be stiffer (hurrhurr) and it's obviously not an X-Arcade Tankstick - but, as I said, I like it. I have it working on Windows 7 and 10. I now have a good arcade stick to take with me on vacation or just to mess around with on my laptop.

Just some info for anyone that may have picked up one of these and it's now sitting in their Closet of No Return!

ps3-arcade-fighter-dreamgear.jpg

• Like 1

Pfft after PayPal and eBay take their cut it's more like $2.50... At least the 2 things I did sell got me $700 so I'm 1/4 of the way there. :)

Back on topic: Good stick... driver works... oog aag...