All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

BTTF: Part 4!

hansolo77

I wonder if the ship has sailed on that one. I agree it would be in keeping with hollywood's current trend of bait and switch revivals (independence day - resurgence anyone?...anyone?). Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown) is elderly at 78 and Michael J. Fox is deteriorating with Parkinson's. Desperately desired though it may be, BTTF has the 3 film trifecta and needs no encore. Besides, it's not worth doing if you can't get both Lloyd or Fox to participate in some fashion. And I think it's unreasonable to ask them to. They should feel proud to have inspired such a fan following with their work, but enjoy the time they have left with their families.

...but yes, I would go see it!

• Like 1

I've felt that way too, but with the SW franchise, at least Rogue One redeemed past glory.  1 out of 5 is pretty bad though, and  I'm sure they'll wrench it as they continue to milk the story-line!

I hope they do not make another BTTF! 

Hoping the new Alien and Blade Runner are actually good, and not just money grabs!  It can be done, Fury Road proved a decent release of a classic is possible.

My cousin likes the old Ocean's eleven better than the reboot. I never saw the 70's version, so I like the new one. I've never seen Blade runner, so maybe I should wait and just see the remake, so I'll like it. IDK, maybe these remakes are targeted at a demographic Hollywood knows still attend theaters - teenagers. They were too young to see the originals, have money to burn on dates, are too young to appreciate deep and versatile stories, and are used to the CGI based special affects (instead of pyrotechnics, stunts, and hand made pupets/models we got spoiled with). I still think ILM peaked with Jurassic park. The mix of animatronics and CGI is better then the CGI today IMO. I don't get why it was so lifelike, even now looking back. By contrast, I watch a movie that was made this year and think the CGI looks fake and overused. 

This is not to say that Hollywood is only catering to teenagers, but the big box office titles, like remakes, seem to follow that trend. What's worse, they're baiting higher attendance by trouncing on the legacy of beloved films. However, I can't help myself. I'm starving for more of my favorite franchises, and maybe...just maybe...this time it'll live up to my expectations after the puppy love wears off. I liked SW ep.7 at first, now I see flaws that tarnish my enjoyment of repeat views. I'm managing my expectations of ep.8, but if it can live up to the standard of Rogue One, then I'm excited to spend the $11 in theater.