All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Custom Menu Options Not Enabled

jimdeprado

Hello!

I have a custom menu of console emulators, the first one on the list is Stella for the Atari 2600.  When I load GameEx, the Atari 2600 option is not enabled in the menu.  It is a slightly different color.  I checked the emulator settings and it is enabled.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks, 
JimGameEx.ini

CustomMenu.ini

log.txt

@jimdeprado When an emulator is greyed out, it means that something is not right in the configuration (as stigzler alluded to). The custom menu would only be the culpret if you chose the wrong Emulator/Group/App for the line (for example, if you chose Mame for the Atari emulator but had not set up Mame yet).

I see this every once in a while becaus eof my setup. I use an external hard drive for my roms. When I forget to turn it on, the emulators with roms on that drive are greyed out because the rom path is not valid at the time.

2 hours ago, RedDog said:

@jimdeprado When an emulator is greyed out, it means that something is not right in the configuration (as stigzler alluded to). The custom menu would only be the culpret if you chose the wrong Emulator/Group/App for the line (for example, if you chose Mame for the Atari emulator but had not set up Mame yet).

I see this every once in a while becaus eof my setup. I use an external hard drive for my roms. When I forget to turn it on, the emulators with roms on that drive are greyed out because the rom path is not valid at the time.

37 minutes ago, jimdeprado said:

stigzler and RedDog, 

I don't know how it happened, but I had the wrong ROM path.  I fixed it and Atari 2600 wasn't grayed out anymore. 

I sincerely appreciate your knowledge and help!

Jim

I am locking this as a Job Well Done! :)

Thank you for reporting back @jimdeprado! Appreciated!

If you have any more queries, make a new thread and we'll be on it ;)