All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] MAME Multiples Controllers

morgoth32

Hi, I usually run MAME with a custom controller config for my xbox one controller. Yesterday I bought an arcade stick and... omg that's so good to play arcade games the old way !

How am I supposed to set my 2 controllers running with a custom ctrl.cfg file ?

I have already 1 xboxone.cfg file in the ctrl folder wich loads at startup but when the 2 sticks are connected together it's a total mess.

I ask to create a cfg controller because the default.cfg in the cfg folder can be erased if MAME crash.

Personnaly i use an Xarcade 2 players ans 2 xbox 360 controllers.

In MAME, i go to the cfg folder and delete all .cfg files in it, then i play a game (for example SF2CE ) and i go into the input menu (with TAB) and configure the player 1 & player 2 controls (for both Xarcade & xbox360 pad plugged at the same time as mame allow multiple inputs) then i exit MAME.

I go in the cfg folder again and search for the sf2ce.cfg that mame as created for the game.

I rename it default.cfg and make it read-only

Now, whenever my xbox controller are plugged or not, all is working as expected and when i want to reuse them later they are recognized

I hope it helps

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rochabian said:

Personnaly i use an Xarcade 2 players ans 2 xbox 360 controllers.

In MAME, i go to the cfg folder and delete all .cfg files in it, then i play a game (for example SF2CE ) and i go into the input menu (with TAB) and configure the player 1 & player 2 controls (for both Xarcade & xbox360 pad plugged at the same time as mame allow multiple inputs) then i exit MAME.

I go in the cfg folder again and search for the sf2ce.cfg that mame as created for the game.

I rename it default.cfg and make it read-only

Now, whenever my xbox controller are plugged or not, all is working as expected and when i want to reuse them later they are recognized

I hope it helps

Could not have put it better! To clarify, MAME will overwrite your .cfg in realtime, depending on what devices are attached when you launch a rom. So, launch a rom, configure it (with desired controls attached), then make its .cfg read only.

Kudos @Rochabian.

Thanks I found my way to make a generic template.

I created a default config with the 2 controllers connected, took the default.cfg and renamed it xbox1 like I did before and placed it in the ctrl folder.

Edited the default mame.ini with  ctrl  > xbox1

No more controller resets even when I launch MAME with 1 or 2 controllers.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] MAME Multiples Controllers
  • Draco1962 locked this topic