All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Metal Slug X

On 7/23/2017 at 11:03 AM, millerbrad said:

You guys are getting these scores without even beating the first boss? Dang, I must be missing something score-wise. I can fairly consistently make it to the second level. Even to the second boss a couple times.

The trick to the first boss is to stand underneath it once it lifts itself up in its legs. Don't try this on the camel, though, (unless you're better than me) because its gun doesn't aim fast enough to hit the rockets coming from the sides.

No I am beating the first boss.  I don't know how you can get more than 185k without beating the boss.  With the method you mentioned....that is the only way I survive.  I have yet to make it to the 2nd boss :)

OK, I try the game yesterday and today.  Not beat for now the 800k for the 1st place :)

BUT ... I'm now getting 500k for the 1st mission easily, then 200k more for the 2nd mission without finding more then 9 POW for the special 100k bonus.  I will found it ...

Them, I now arrive to the final boss at mission 3.  But never get more then 800k.  I don't know how I made my 800k without finish the 2nd mission, the beginning luck I guess.

On 7/27/2017 at 10:14 PM, DazzleHP said:

Ahh the Metal Slug. Good memories :)

Speaking of which @rtkiii there is a GnR table in Visual pinball?!

Never played. *goes off to reminisce*

Yeah....plays pretty well too.  Haven't been able to play since MArch since I packed that into storage as well.  Come on DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ok guys, try this one... first to hit 1M!  I still died about half way through the 2nd mission.  But I got farther this time, and picked up a lot of bonuses along the way!

Tip: Don't die! I know that seems obvious, but you get bonus points for every POW you rescue at the end of each mission.  If you die, the POW count starts over.  There's a finite number each mission, so if you get like 10 of them then die, you're only going to get maybe 3 or 4 more at the end, and only get credits for those.

Tip 2: Midway through the first mission there is a string of 5 or 6 helicopters with the leader being red.  If you kill the red one first, it will chain reaction kill the others, and you get lots of bonus points for each one!  If you kill them out of order, you get nothing!

Tip 3: Protect the camel!  If you can manage to get the camel mount to the 2nd mission, you're rewarded with a HUGE end of mission bonus, and the start of Mission 2 has an added sprite of the camel stopping to drink.  Kinda fun!

Tip 4: There are all kinds of secret background targets you can attack.  If you're shooting up at a window/etc, you'll notice your ammo hitting it instead of going off screen.  Keep hitting it and a dump of bonus items come out for you to pick up.  One section in particular (right when you can get the camel) has 2 windows you can shoot for (in my experience) carrots and then chicken legs.  Get those points wherever you can!

Score: 1,051,950
Stage: 2 (Egypt)
Initials: HAN

0007.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2017 at 5:35 PM, hansolo77 said:

Did my tips help out then?  I'm like, where I can get bonus points, I'm all in it.  Way to go on beating 1M rtkiii!!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Yeah...I beat level 1 with the Camel :)  I did manage to pick up 2 - 30k bonuses as well. 1 on the 1st stage...not sure how.  And then on the 2nd stage.  There is a corpse laying on the ground...you hit him a couple times and poof 30k...or 3k :)  -but a bonus.  I think I might be able to beat level 2 boss with more practice.  I am always just on the last guy when I get to him.

I already knew about the chopper combo :)

Saving the camel and the "chopper combo" is what really helped me.  Then I made it to stage 2, got fat and slow, and turned into a mummy.  Insta death pretty much after that.  Still haven't made it to the boss yet.

As I said in the post on Galaga... until somebody can verify and vouch for forest4585, I don't want to risk accepting his scores just yet.  I don't want to have another TIF in our boards again.  Those of you who know what I'm talking about should understand this.  I have every intention of letting forest4585 join us if he can be spoken for as not another "sniper".

5 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

As I said in the post on Galaga... until somebody can verify and vouch for forest4585, I don't want to risk accepting his scores just yet.  I don't want to have another TIF in our boards again.  Those of you who know what I'm talking about should understand this.  I have every intention of letting forest4585 join us if he can be spoken for as not another "sniper".

Yeah...he is my Friend Mark.  He s a good guy.  Galaga is his game and that score is low for him.  But every other game he needs to practice/. :)

1 hour ago, rtkiii said:

Yeah...he is my Friend Mark.  He s a good guy.  Galaga is his game and that score is low for him.  But every other game he needs to practice/. :)

Thanks rtkiii.  Has anyone watched the speed run of this game?  Insane.  If I can get 500,000 I'll be happy or get past the 2nd stage.

3rd game of the night using the strats you gave me.  Thank you!  Keeping the camel is key, don't die, and once you take out the gun on the bottom of the 1st boss, you can go underneath and just worry about the missiles.  Has anyone finished the second boss yet?  

IMG_3033.JPG