All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Metal Slug X

I know I've not made it to the boss yet, let alone pass it.  And if it's anything like the first level, there's probably a mini boss half way through that I've not met yet either..

A quick work about your submission...  You're only allowed to play with 1 credit in the machine.  It's the only way to be fair.  Some games allow you to continue your game with your existing score by adding more credits.  Because of this, even TwinGalaxies has the rule of 1 game 1 credit.  Your screenshot shows you have 11 credits in the machine.  Although I trust you didn't utilize more than one, the rules stand.  Since you're new, you may not have known about that.  No biggie.  This is a great game and I'm sure you'll be posting more scores soon enough.  :)

• Like 1

@hansolo77  I had all of the credits previously because I got tired putting them in lol.  Didn't know it was a rule, so that's my bad.  I got half-way through stage 2.  I did figure out that you can become human again after you become a mummy....not sure how I did it.  1st boss is a breeze now....it's just a matter of keeping the camel, don't die, and go under the first boss once you've taken out the gun.  Still enjoying this game!  Next goal is to get pass the 2nd stage which I think will be a great accomplishment for me.

IMG_3037.JPG

• Like 1

Mummy - Sometimes the enemies will drop a potion that does it.  If you are human it gives 1000 points, but if you are mummified it turns you back.

Nice score!

I got it!  I put an "A" but guys...it is me! :)  My thums has cramping and I hit A right away and tried to go back but then iot just took A.

2nd boss is actually not hard...if you just keep moving.

20170817_221624.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Score!

2 minutes ago, rtkiii said:

I got it!  I put an "A" but guys...it is me! :)  My thums has cramping and I hit A right away and tried to go back but then iot just took A.

20170817_221624.jpg

Nice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rtkiii said:

20170817_221624.jpg

Of course we will accept your score Rich. You're with us from the start of our HS comp. That's worth a lot and you're a very nice guy !!

~ GC

Better get in on this!

I've done Metal Slug 1, 2, and 3 in various TG competitions in the past couple of years. X is based off of 2, and it's easier with the re-arranged bosses and less slowdown! So I took my good performance from the slower 2 and made it better here!

ExedExes - 1,596,380
(Continues OFF, Country USA, and Credit/Level both ON)

0003.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This game is so fun though.  Even if you don't win the monthly banner, there's still lots of enjoyment with it.  I've been trying to think, there's only one game series like this.  Contra is similar but no where near it's animation and style.

I made it to "A" boss, I don't know if it is "THE" level boss or not.  Was jumping up a bunch of platforms with robotic claws trying to grab me, shooting rockets at me, and the occasional laser blast.  Didn't kill it though, and after I died I lost all my POW records.  Oh well.  Still, the farthest I've gotten so far!

Score: 1,136,600
Initials: HAN
Level: 2 (Egypt)

0008.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 2

Tell ya what rtkiii,, unless the other HS Mods are against it, I'm willing to let the competition extend until Sunday.  That's my next day off, and the tasks to create a new GOTM and POLL threads usually take more time than I will have available to me until then.  So unless they say otherwise, consider it a floated extension.  Of course, if nobody takes advantage of it, that's fine though.  We'll just assume EE is our winner (again (rolls eyes)).  :D

• Like 1

I think EE desrves the win.  We have a set rule and I think we should abide by it.  As for it taking a few days to get the next GOTM rolling, is fine as well.  You are doing this in your free time and whenever you can do it is fine with us(I am speaking on behalf of the whole community...because I can) :)

Nice win EE!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

Tell ya what rtkiii,, unless the other HS Mods are against it, I'm willing to let the competition extend until Sunday.  That's my next day off, and the tasks to create a new GOTM and POLL threads usually take more time than I will have available to me until then.  So unless they say otherwise, consider it a floated extension.  Of course, if nobody takes advantage of it, that's fine though.  We'll just assume EE is our winner (again (rolls eyes)).  :D

I think we should keep the last day of the month as the final moment you can submit a score. This way it's clear for everyone :)  

And Rich agrees so a couple of days without GOTM is ok ;) Anyway, that's my opinion :) 

~ GC