All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backglass lags behind PF and DMD images

Onevox

It was fine when I was benchtesting my system. Now if I scroll through several tables quickly, it takes 4-6 seconds for the BG to catchup to the PF image, sometimes stopping on the one just before it, and then loading the current table selection 4 seconds later. Maybe this is normal timing.

Only using still images on BG. Video on tables.

I don't have any MS security updates in add-remove programs. 

thanks for help. 

.ini text file attached. this is my first attempt at .ini documentation so apologies if I didn't get it right.

onevox_pinballx_ini.txt

You are running 4 monitors: playfield, backglass,  DMD,  and topper according to the log file.

Unfortunately the log file doesn't show much activity. Can you please attach another copy after you have gone through your tables on the menu and, perhaps loaded a table or two?

Before spending anymore brainpower on this, I noticed that my BG screen is #4 in windows.  I'm going to move my cables around and get it to #2 and see what happens. I was struggling to get it to show up at all, until I landed on this arrangement. 

Make sure you are using the nVidia drivers and not the Microsoft ones. I have had a few issues with my monitor order switching about after MS Updates for Win 10. I can't easily swap cables in my pincab so just removed each one in the display settings and added them back one at a time to get my playfield first, bg second, and DMD third.

Cable switcheroo didn't change anything but... I got into the cabling and realized that before I had: hdmi2dvi adapter>dvi into gpu. Because of struggles to get all 4 screens to show up in right places I added a DVI2displayport adapter on the other end of the cable. I wonder if it's having a dvi cable with two adapters on either end. I'm going to get a straight hdmi to DisplayPort cable and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk