All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Origin Game Directory Question

tglopez

Hi  -

For some reason, my Origin game list isn't showing up correctly on GameEx (Steam is just fine). It just says "No Games Found". Is there any way to manually redirect GameEx to read a folder where the Origin games are located?

It should be pretty much plug and play. Can you attach  copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review of your settings in reply to this thread? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

It should be pretty much plug and play. Can you attach  copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review of your settings in reply to this thread? Thanks!

Also, it would be handy to know if you have installed Origin games to a non-default drive, ie a backup, an external or simply a local partition.

On 07/07/2017 at 2:33 AM, tglopez said:

And, yes, I have the Origin games - and the Origin program itself - on a non-default drive. Appreciate your help!

Hey @tglopez!

When you say "I have the Origin games - and the Origin program itself - on a non-default drive." Does that mean that literally nothing is where it should be?

• 2 weeks later...

You can install the Origin client in its default install location and your games in a different path or hard drive and it works fine for most.

There is no way to modify this in the integrated Origin support.

21 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

You can install the Origin client in its default install location and your games in a different path or hard drive and it works fine for most.

There is no way to modify this in the integrated Origin support.

I can't test this which makes it a bit of a bugger for me, but what Draco and I too advise is: Keep your games on the drive you want, BUT, uninstall, then reinstall Origin on your OS drive.

Mostly that will be your C: drive. Then, tell Origin where your games are, ie - on your ext drive.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Origin Game Directory Question
  • Draco1962 locked this topic