All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

9.29.17, The golden age of 16 bit gaming returns

tthurman

They can't admit it publicly, but in this day and age we're getting pretty good at interpreting Bull $h!t. Nintendo strings it's customer out like they're sling'n dope! This is news to no one! I'm convinced they're doing it on purpose, without remorse. They're laughing all the way to the bank!!!

Here's a question for you. Which Nintendo character best represents the company's public image? I think it's this one:

giphy.gif

He's lovably evil. Despite knowing this I keep coming back for more. I can't help myself!

Please excuse my thread crap.

• Like 1

Damn T - that's close to curbing free speech! :P

Granted if someone had just proudly posted pics of their new house and you said "it looks like an untidy shed," that might be a little beyond the pale....

There's gotta be a slang term for someone who refuses to look up slang terms because he prefers to learn things through conversation! If not, let's make one....

Bit like "let me google that for you..."

3 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Granted if someone had just proudly posted pics of their new house and you said "it looks like an untidy shed," that might be a little beyond the pale....

There's gotta be a slang term for someone who refuses to look up slang terms because he prefers to learn things through conversation! If not, let's make one....

Bit like "let me google that for you..."

Free speech is a legal right. [Rant warning]

Spoiler

It protects persons from being imprisoned or harmed physically or otherwise prevented from delivering their message, except that which incites to violence (sedition). That's completely different from the court of public opinion. You may be legally free to speek your mind, no one can legally prevent you from delivering your message, but that doesn't mean they won't try or there aren't consequences. People are free to disregard your existence, refuse to hire you, ask you to shut the F up, ask you to leave, generally despise you. They may not legally prevent you from speaking, but you can tarnish your reputation if you don't stop. And if they do physically prevent you from speaking illegally, you will have to seek legal recourse in the justice system, which can have severe consequences moving forward, financially and professionally. In other words, be sure your speech is PC or suffer the consequences. It's unfortunate, but intolerance has spread to the point where people assume only bigots need to make an effort to tolerate others. It also applies to the rest of us when bigots spout bigotry. You can't silence their voices without silencing your own. That doesn't mean you have to like it, you just have to tolerate it legally. However, that doesn't mean they won't get blasted for their comments online and in the court of public opinion.

I think the slang term you're referring to is (or rather 'was'):

"Square"

On 7/18/2017 at 3:46 PM, stigzler said:

Hah, well you know I was just kidding......

On 7/18/2017 at 6:56 PM, hansolo77 said:

Thread is officially derailed.

something contrary to the spirit/intent of the thread, often derailing the discussion

I rest my case!  :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well, I really thought Nintendo wouldn't pull the same shit they did with the classic version, but seeing how the pre-orders appeared in the wee-hours of the morning on 8-22, and were gone in minutes, it appears I was incorrect.

So it seems we've being strung along once again. 

Yet the cycle continues.....

Nintendo sucks!

you-say-that-0ara2w.jpg